Vina Robles - Two Pack Duo

Hate to bedaff, but what does CT notes mean???
I obviously haven’t had enough coffee this am.

Wow… where are you at? I’m looking for a nice starter cooler and that would be perfect!

edit: Is it thermoelectric?

Vermont, yes it is thermoelectric.

this feels like wine i can get at Costco, I like the better (even though they are more expensive) options than this.

I should have hopped in on that Syrah from Monday.

Great, I’ll have to check my local best buy! Thanks

You still can: http://wine.woot.com/monday

Cellar Tracker Notes

Red4

Hmm I’ma have to pass on this one too. Looks like okay wine, but I can get this quality wine at HEB for the same or less duckets.

From Wine Spectator:
VINA ROBLES Red Huerhuero Paso Robles 2007
Score: 86 Release Price: $14
Dense and focused, with a pleasant herb and savory note that runs through the blackberry, licorice and juicy wild raspberry flavors. Petite Sirah, Syrah, Tannat and Touriga. Drink now through 2014. 8,624 cases made. –MW

It is not dual zone but I solved that issue by buying two of them :slight_smile:

$70 bucks for 24 bottle storage. I can’t figure out the deal on the price because this model (VT-TEDi) sell for $200 + on the web.

Questions for the wine-maker:

Where is your vineyard in Paso Robles - west-side or east-side, and (regardless of where it is) do you think that there is a significant difference between the wines of the different regions in Paso Robles?

It looks like your blend is primarily rhone varietals (syrah and petite sirah), with some port and tannat thrown in. What are the characteristics of tannat? My only experience with it is in Armagnac, so I’m obviously pretty ignorant when it comes to this…

What does the touriga add to the wine? I know that that anarchist/biker vineyard up in Paso (four vines i think? I wasn’t very impressed with most of their wines, though…) was experimenting with mixing port varietals into table wine, but like I said their blends didn’t do much for me.

And then of course the standard drinking window/cellaring/pairing recommendations would be great.

Thanks!

The last 2 grapes are
Touriga from Portugal, not widely planted in California, very floral.
The Tannat is a French varietal from the Madiran area. Tannat refer to tannin a strong beefy red. Same not widely produced in California.

Thank you for the vote of confidence on the Petite Sirah.

The Petite Sirah in Paso Robles and in our vineyards is doing extremely well.
Rich, powerfull with great structure. We have 3 different vineyards that we blend in our regular Petite Sirah Jardine.

[How good is this deal?](http://bit.ly/ai9KKN" title="How good is this deal?)

So once again, woot is being tricky. The 2007 California Karma is not available directly from the winery website or tasting room. This wine is sold to retailers and restaurants, so you may find it locally, but you could not duplicate this woot offer via the winery, directly. I have used the list price (per the tasting room) for the price comparison, but I cannot speak to what prices you will find in the marketplace near you.

Click the link above for full discount details, CT prices, and other stuff.

ahh, but you still can!

http://wine.woot.com/monday

EDIT: should have hit refresh, I suppose. Anyway, I liked the Red4 from when woot had it way back when. It was decent - decent enough for me to buy a few more bottles locally (I can get the Red4 for around thirteen bucks… trying to decide if I am curious enough about the cab to jump in on this)

I sescond all of this.
The tannat is also found in Irouléguy AOC, in the Basque country - Very small aoc.
The Basque poeple great sailors took that varietal to the new world. A fun trivia.

This may have been answered but I didn’t see it… How come Tennessee is listed on some of these offers and not others? You would think if they’re allowed to ship wine here, it would be on the list for all the wine deals.

Tannat! Oh my, I may have to break out the plastic for this one!

One of the major Uruguayan producers, Pisano, has significant Basque roots. Their flagship wine, ArretXea, and their dessert wine, EtXe, (both Tannat based) even carry Pays Basque names.

The restrictions for each state are different. Tennessee might have some hoops to jump through that some wineries are willing to do, while as others find it not profitable enough to do. Also, I’ve heard that sometimes there are shipping quotas–some states don’t allow a winery to ship more than X amount of wine per year, so then their shipping policies would even change through the year.