Vino Family 2005 Napa Cabernet Sauvignon - 3 Pack

After reading the piece “Death of Cabernet” or something like that, I noticed all these Cabs have much higher alcohol content than they had in the past. How many of us are old enough or astute enough to know the difference? Food for thought.

rpm +1 :stuck_out_tongue:

LOL - This post raised an eyebrow. I thought, “while you’re probably right, isn’t it a bit presumptuous to state so flatly what rpm wouldn’t like?”

And then I saw who posted it…

rpm now only refers to himself in the 3rd person :slight_smile:

wow- note the high alcohol…sip, sip, sip
I attended a wine dinner with one of the owners, great wine from a fun company!!

Added it to the post, in case someone missed it. But talk to management (i.e., CJ) about it. I’m just the unpaid help(?).

Well, more believable if you had bought some. And hadn’t joined today. Troll alert!

is there any way to track the shipment of the wine? this may be my first wine woot, and i want to make sure i am home to receive the package. shipping to business address isn’t an option.

email the winery, some states are still finalizing compliance and I know Peter will be able to help you!

email the winery, Peter may have some updated compliance news for you.

They send you a tracking #. You can also track any woot order from your account page.

gracias. :smiley:

Is shillage like rattage?

Cheers!

Ohhh is Juslyn coming back??

Don Vino’s Cab is very complex. The Cab has was left in the bottle for a year before it was released. It has a fruit forward taste and a great nose. It has aged incredible well and will continue to mature if stored in the cellar. The grapes are from the St. Helena vineyards.

-momma vino

I’m certainly intrigued by the price. A bottle goes for $35 on their website.

I certainly hope we hear from the winery, and it would be awesome if someone here has tried this (even the 2004).
[/quote]

You will miss out on an incredible wines with that attitude.

I already purchased this, but was curious as to how easy of a drinker this is with such a high alcohol content? Is there a noticable alcohol “sting?”

Ohh… They have a Cab Franc Varietal according to their site! I hope they will include a special on that for those that wooted (hint, hint)!

BTW the Vino Cab won a bronze medal at the Dallas Morning News International Wine competition

Thank you so much for your reply. I wonder if you could provide some additional detail about the fermentation:

Do you do a cold soak - for how long and at what temperature? Do you use commercial yeasts? Any other details?

Also, what is the TA?

Thank you!