Vino Noceto Frivolo Moscato Bianco (4)

Wow! I got my 1st first sucker!

Vino Noceto makes some amazing Sangiovese, but I’ve never had the pleasure of trying this. I’m definitely looking forward to it. I’m curious how long this will hold up though as this should make for a great spring/summer wine. Old Man Winter tends to overstay his welcome here in Minnesota so it’s going to be a while until we get warm weather again.

Turn up the heat and pretend. :slight_smile:
That works here in northern Ohio!

This is Suzy (from Vino Noceto). The Frivolo that’s for sale today is labeled non-vintage (we ran out of vintage-dated bottles towards the end of the bottling), but it’s actually 100% the 2013 vintage.

You’ll be happy you got this. I picked up a case of Frivolo last year during the trip up there for cheron & hak’s Wootception.

Be aware it is slightly fizzy, and being a moscato, it is sweet. Still drinking well this year.

Was about to go in, even starting the link for AP, but no linky for Woot shipping addresses meant Aborting the process. Sorry TT.

Will have to still rely on the kindness of fellow Wooters.

Will take 2 or 3 of a set.

Frivolo means “frivolous” in Italian, and it perfectly describes this lively, refreshing moscato. I have no idea what’s been said so far about our Frivolo – but I’ll give you a little background info. Way back when in the mid-80’s, we visited Italy doing research about Sangiovese. Many of you know what happened as a result of that trip – we came back, planted Sangiovese, and we’ve just now completed our 25th harvest. During that trip, we also fell in love with the Italian sparkling and frizzante moscatos. We made our first Frivolo in 1994 (long before moscato “fever” hit the U.S.) with Scott Harvey at Santino in an old charmat tank which we fondly call the “bomb.” We had to wait until 2000 to make our second vintage, when we finally had our own winery facility. So, this is our 15th release. Frivolo is a blend of moscato bianco with a little orange muscat. It’s made in a charmat tank under pressure and is bottled as just barely a still wine – saving us lots of money in taxes and bottling costs. Frivolo is a light, lively, refreshing year-round wine. You can enjoy it as a summer sipper by the pool, a hut tub wine in the winter, a light dessert wine, or an aperitif. At only 7% alcohol, it’s a great alternative to champagne to ring in the new year. My favorite adjective for this wine is “mother-in-law’s” wine. So many customers fall in love with our Frivolo, but if they don’t love it themselves they often exclaim that their sister or mother or mother-in-law or … would love this wine.

If you live in a state where we can’t ship, contact the winery and we will try to help you!

Thanks, but I’m in SoCal. We’re probably going to visit next year in August!

you gave up to easily, Sparky.

Once you’re on the order details page, you can change the shipping address. You’ll pick one from your Amazon address book.

I don’t believe I would like this as I haven’t liked anything labeled Moscato or Muscat. That said, I am VERY happy to see a Vino Noceto offer. I was afraid they were one of the wineries that could not sell on Woot with the new mothership buying format. Any possibility we will see some of your delicious Sangiovese before Christmas? Please? Pretty please?

How much do these vary by vintage?
I’ve had a few different ones in the past but took inadequate notes.

Thanks for dropping by, and for the cyber weekend on your site.
WD must have really worked you over, still the better deal here.

Embrace the (Frivolo lighter side) of the Dark Side.

You know you want this.

And you know it’s for less here than you’re gonna pay off the web site ($17+tax+ship) or in person.

Do you ~really~ still have five of these?
Update your CT slacker :wink:

In for one. Because of the low alcohol and sweet taste, Moscato is the only wine my wife will drink. We broke out bottles of Bartenura (sp) with our appetizers at Thanksgiving, and the moms all loved it. :slight_smile: Theirs is solid, but I’m hoping this is a notch above. I like it best when you can taste the complex fruit tastes in the sweetness.

This is a wonderful wine, true to the original Muscato d Asti. It was a fun project when I helped Jim and Suzi with their first vintage of this wine. Rusty Folena is doing a wonderful job today making this wine.
Yesterday, we were on woot and I spaced on getting on the board to answer questions. We did non stop tastings all day long. Sorry, I’ll go back now and answer any questions for those of you that posted.

I think very consistent from vintage to vintage – though some claim that one year they may taste hints of apple and another year they may taste hints of peach or pear. Personally, I don’t see it; I just have fun drinking it.

I highly recommend signing up for their email list - they often have a crazy good sale on Cyber Monday, amongst other times of year.

(We’re massive fans of their sangiovese as well).

I couldn’t agree more. Vino Noceto is a cornerstone wine.woot wine. Am I huge fan of Suzie and team. Keep your eyes open.

I was so excited to see this wine. I absolutely love it. I went in for 3. You cannot beat the price for such a great wine!

That’s the point … They don’t have the correct shipping address in Amazon, it’s in WOOT!

I don’t feel like re-entering it, when it should be an option. You want me to use AP, it needs to be easy, not cumbersome! :tongue:

Yes, I still have 5 … you forget I got more!!!