Vino Noceto Sangiovese - 4 Pack

Out of curiosity I went to the website…

Is this the same wine as wine.woot?

At $10 on the winery site, this woot wouldn’t be a deal…

{edit}

Thanks all for the correction on the bottle size. Everyone was polite, much appreciated as I missed that small detail… heh.

I stand corrected, at $13.75 a bottle vs $18, its a good deal.

That’s a 375ml bottle…

Are the offered bottles 375mL or 750mL?

I see only 375mL bottles on the website.

Probably, as Shenandoah is in Amador. The Riserva is a bit different from today’s wooting of the straight “Sangiovese”, so be careful of the difference. But CT is known for duplicates sometimes. Riserva is riper than the fresher non-Riserva, but both are really good once decanted for an hour!

Autobuy for eating with your Italian food!

That bottle size is 375. Half bottle!

This wine.woot-off is starting to tick me off. All these fine wines, and I can’t buy for a variety of reasons. I’m hoping to see the Cavedoni Botte Piccola Balsamic, so I can’t just simply ignore all this.

Because the 2009 is their current release, and is on the website for $18.

The worst thing about this offer is I can only buy one case at this price. :frowning:

Love the stuff…I like it better than the reserve. There’s a reason the “hook” to their wine club is a case of this stuff.

EDIT: To be a little more helpful for people on the fence, this stuff is a very easy to drink sangiovese and has a ton of cherry. If you enjoy the red fruit of an expensive pinot, I think you’ll find this a very nice alternative and a great food pairing wine (or a before dinner sipper).

Winery is located in Shenandoah Valley, CA – which is part of Amador County. Through the 2007 vintage, the Noceto Sangiovese was labeled Shenandoah Valley, CA – which means that at least 85% of the grapes came from this viticultural area. Starting with the 2008 vintage, the wine has been labeled “Amador County” – which means that at least 75% of the grapes came from Amador County. With the 2008 vintage, we got additional grapes from Fiddletown (a little ways up the road) and from Hollister in the Cienega Valley. Hope this helps.

have you tried vinegar.woot.com?

Wine on special the website is 375 ml bottles – not 750’s.

Love this wine. I would buy this, but I plan to go to the winery in a few weeks :wink:

Wine in the WOOT offering are 750’s.

Wonderful, and welcome! Any chance of a woot with your single-vineyard varietals, and Riservas again at some point? THat 06 group was fascinating and with aeration, wonderful!
Meaning they have a few years left in them yet too :slight_smile:

I have a winemaking question about these: I see the Brix at harvest ranged from low to v high… how does this work in the making of a coherent wine?!

And the other question is: you picked this in 07, so why’s it called the 08?!!

OK, but I don’t see anything here that says these are full bottles on offer. Probably this is paranoia, but I’d like to know.

edit: nevermind.

This is really tempting me…but I’ve got 3 boxes already waiting for pickup, with a total of 13 bottles that I can’t fit. Hmmm…

Always 750 ml unless otherwise stated.

I’d say there’s a remote chance you’ll see some single-vineyard varietals again and/or the Riserva Sangiovese. No telling …

As for the brix, I’ll try to answer for Rusty, our winemaker, who is very busy getting our Frivolo (spritzy moscato) ready for this week’s bottling. We pick on flavors, not sugar. Everything has to be in balance. Different parts of the vineyard simply mature at different times.

Whatever the vintage posted on the bottle (in this case 2008), that is the year that atleast 95% of the grapes were harvested. In this case, the wine is labeled 2008, so the grapes were picked in 2008.

Thank you.

One in the same. I was there summer before last, and loved it. What a concentration of wineries!