Vino Noceto Sangiovese (4)

I personally know the owners - this is a wonderful wine that I’ve had many times and the owner/winemakers up in Amador are also really great folks.

You’ll be supporting another small family winery with this woot - no brainer for me…

Ditto on the stuck processing. Thought something was hosed in my Paypal connection, but glad to see it’s not just me.

Bought this last time…no regrets. Very good Cali Sango.

I have had wine from this winery before and it was great. So this wine is a great deal. But it is on their website for 18 a bottle. So how did woot come up with a retail price of 88.50 for 4?

They add tax and shipping to retail price.

Always a solid wine; I ordered 8 when this was last up, had a bottle, and regretted not ordering a case, so I’m in for the final 4 bottles to make it a full case today.

This is a really good wine, and Vino Noceto, IMO, represents, by far, the most consistently reliable QPR purchases we see on wine.woot.

I was spoiled. Picked up 2 offers of this back in 2010, it was 1 riserva, 1 Noceto and 2 random bottles from 2 other vinyards. The riserva was excellent and it was not fair to put the non-riserva up against it but all I can recall is how much better the riserva was. I think I still have a bottle or 2 in the celler. My price point on wine keeps going up. Damm you woot, you’ve created a monster. :slight_smile:

in for one, once again, as long as it “processes”. Mine as been stuck in “processing” for almost 10 minutes

Always wanted to try Sangiovese…really tempted now with the good reviews. How would one “know” if they like Sangiovese without trying it? :slight_smile:

I can’t even get to the Processing stage… Once I click the buy button, it says there’s a server error.

I sure hopes they get the server running before this offer expires. It won’t let me hit the big yellow button either…

I got the same ‘server error’ message after I clicked the gold button, but then I received a confirmation email that my order went through.

I didn’t realize that the order was going through when I received the error message, so now it looks like I just bought 3. I only wanted one!!!

Mine just went through… maybe they are going through manually and processing the orders?

I could take one…if Woot let’s us :stuck_out_tongue:

Things should be on the mend, sorry for any troubles!