Vino Noceto Sangiovese and Zinfandel - 4 Pack

I really want to buy this.

I priced this out on the winery website . . .http://www.noceto.com/

The total four all four bottles came to $95, plus shipping to my house was $24. This is a pretty substantial savings. I’m just not sure I’m going to have room. The amount of wine arriving at my house in the next week or so is going to be crazy.

OMG! It says I’m better than everybody else! How did it know that?

Interesting; mine says I spend too much here :).

And for those still on the fence, this is one of the best Sangioveses I’ve ever had, and it’s my favorite varietal. Their old vine Zin is terrific (and will keep for several years), but I inevitably plow through the Sangiovese so quickly I can never test its viability on the shelf. I’ve kept it for about a year, tops, before I couldn’t help myself.

Many of us have enjoyed Noceto Sangiovese in the past, will enjoy it again in the future, and have talked it up in the forum. We can expect lab rat posts tomorrow. I am all for the lab rat program. However, does any body else feel the rat program would be better utilized by sending bottles for offerings like the ice-style wine or the Lioco Chardonnay instead of Vino Noceto? Seems there is enough past experience and opinions with this juice already, when hardly anyone (in comparison) has tried the Lioco and Harvest Moon. Just a thought. I’m going to bed.

Curses. I’m caving in on this offer thanks to all of you. And the boxes are just stacking up around here. Thinking about digging a hole thru my closet floor.

Facebook Page

They were my first ever Wine.Woot and it is still perhaps my favorite purchase to date. This is an auto-buy for me, and though my wife may kill me, I am going in for two.

My Uncle and I agree, this may be one of the better tasting American grown/made sangiovese out there.

Thank you both for this. In over a year I never really noticed these… Neat!

Noceto was one of my first wine woots, way back in late 2007. Auto buy for me, in for two.

…and you didn’t tell me? Where did you happen to locate it?

I’ll echo the general view that this is an auto-buy. After the '09 offering, I followed up with another case of the reserve directly from the winery, and that went really quickly too.

It’s a great light drinking wine - no real need to pair, and it generates comments in abundance from the lucky friends it’s been shared with - “This is really really nice.” etc. etc. And yet not so pricey.

Both vintages of the reserve that I’ve had have been excellent - a little less blown away by the normal as well as the single vinyard bottles from last year, but that’s a relative thing - think it’s all pretty good.

Very curious to try their Zin…

Grand Wine Cellar. Sorry - I thought I did tell you. After all, you were the one who recommended it to me.

I bought it last time around and still haven’t opened one. Not fair: I have a syrah, a petite syrah and a cabernet sauvignon open now (I can’t drink too much at a time, and most of my friends don’t/can’t drink) and yet I am so tempted to open one now just to see.

Damn me and my lack of self control. Bad enough today I bought a 19-CD box of the complete works of Percy Grainger and promised myself no more wooting this week.

I guess I’m just a big ol’ liar. Thanks goodness the tee-shirts have been wretched, though I do wish I had jumped when I could have done on the green dog with the Masonic pyramid seeing-eye head tee.

I’ll read what you beloved enablers have to say tomorrow.

Ciao for now.

Can someone at w.woot verify CT shouldn’t be on the ship to list?

thx

don’t store it, drink it

Cannot resist - in for 3!

Sorry, can’t ship to CT, but can ship to NY – if you can find a friend or a UPS Store that will accept the shipment for you

But, if you can hold onto some, do. Had a 1990 – our first vintage – Noceto Sangiovese for Suzy’s father’s 97th birthday last March. The magnum was great!
Jim

I think there’s still some being served at the Duke’s chain in Hawaii. I suspect that doesn’t help much, unless you’re headed there.

I’m in for one. I’m a new wine wooter. At the rate I’ve been buying (4 w.woots since Feb. 1 = 22 bottles) I’m either going to need to build a wine cellar or to have a party.