Vino Noceto Sangiovese and Zinfandel - 4 Pack

They were my first wine.woot purchase, also, back in 2006. It was the same lineup except all 2003, and included two bottles of OGP and one each of the sangiovese. Regrettably, I gave away one of the OGP before I tasted it.

Dang the Sangio sounds wonderful but just dont much care for Zin from what I remember.

Kismet… I just popped the cork on an 07 Riserva before seeing this!

Pop and pour impressions: More extracted than a typical sangio, dark plum and sour cherry, fairly acidic. Not a big body, but plenty of flavor. Fades softly in a light cedar/oak. I’m perfectly happy drinking it by itself, but it would be great with a tomato sauce pasta or even pizza, but also bold enough to handle red meat or duck.

In for 2 more.

With a few folks talking autobuy, I’m in.

I never thought that I liked zin either. Always thought it was vastly inferior to cab and merlot until my neighbor brought out a great bottle - Nickel & Nickel I think - and that changed my mind totally. Now I’m willing to pay Cab prices to get outstanding zin. Suggest you try a really good bottle to give it a chance. If you like sangio, this might be a good opportunity to take a chance on one at least decent bottle of zin, and with summer upon us it’s a great bbq wine.
YMMV…

for the grandpere zin… it always seems a little mellower, subtle, and less jammy than a typical cali zin. I was introduced to the vineyard with renwood, 97 vintage. At the time I recall preferring their ‘grandmere’, but I was also waaaay into dry creek zins like rafanelli and teldeschi (and still am), but now I appreciate the subtlety (well, by zin standards :wink:

ETA: I think part of it is expectations - we think old vine = super concentrated, extracted. And in my experience that’s not what I’ve gotten from OGP zins in the past.

Still haven’t tried noceto’s version, cg arie is in the cellar as well, did enjoy SH’s 1869 (still bummed I can’t get it in NH).

I’ve skipped all of the noceto offerings, as I tend to be leery of out of place varietals.
A month or two ago, my trusted wonderful (but super snobbish, old world predominant) local wine shop steered me towards their sanjo and said that it was worth my while. Easy drinking, beautiful acidity nice bottle.
Considering…

Vino Noceto Sangiovese and Zinfandel - 4 Pack
Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: siwbm
Speed to first woot: 0m 12.173s
Last wooter to woot: ticomike

Fine, I’m in.

Drat and double drat! Trying to click on that bouncing “I Want One” and nothing happened until it said “Sold Out.” Opened a Sangio from Mandolina last night and remembered why it is one of my favorite varietals. Haven’t even tried my previous Noceto purchase, but guess I won’t be stocking more of that up until next offering. Drat, drat, drat.

Odd, got mine last night. No signature required, not labeled with the 21 or over sticker either.

Opened my box yesterday. Ditto unknown shipper. Also wine clearly cooked well done. Wine inside box and corks pushed out 1/2".
too bad.