Vino Noceto Sangiovese Two - Pack Plus Two Random

I’m not certain, but it may have to do with Noceto shipping from California and Woot ships from Texas (I think). Probably something to do with Texas exporting laws or something.

Just couldn’t resist the randomness! We’re in!

Interesting… I am really a greenhorn when it comes to wines and wine making, but I decided to look into the Sangiovese grapes. Noceto appears to be some sort of US expert in making them into wines, despite them being mostly an Italian-based grape.

Wikipedia sometimes rules! Sangiovese Wiki Page

A little further along this train of thought - how much of those four lots (if any) went into the '06 Riserva? If we set up a horizontal tasting with all five, would we be able to pick out parts of the blend based on the characters of the individual lot wines? Or would the different methods of fermentation, aging, etc., affect the lot wines too much for them to be identifiable as components of the blend?

The wannabe winemaker in me finds that possibility almost irresistible, even if the boring accountant in me is screaming his brains out that I’ve already bought quite enough wine for one week.

Nope. All the wine ships from California via Wine Country Connect (WD’s company).

Probably just an error that they will fix.

Speaking of shipping, when does Summer Shipping start (additional $2 shipping for the refrigerator trucks, etc.)?

It’s been getting warmer here in So Cal.

Thank you wine woot Gods! My absolute favorite wine! Everyone that we’ve shared it with has raved about it and fallen in love with it! In for 3! (Hubby is in for 3 too!)
Don’t miss it, folks!

What kind of different flavors can we look for in all these different Sangioveses?

We have always enjoyed Noceto from Woot! This could lend itself very well for a wine tasting.
In for 2. Just found some room in the cellar!

What is the correct plural form of ‘Sangiovese?’

freakin A. why not make it four? (replying to “me three”) I would love to see more wines in this package also. which ones will it be….? who knows? only the woot lords.................……

Sangiovaen

How long can each of these age in the cellar?

Sangioveese. :tongue:

San-jah-vay-say!

The Sangiovese by these guys was good, but I think the last three pack came with a Cuvee, which was not so hot. But the Sangiovese was damn good! I want to buy, but I r teh poorz.

I think those were the 2005s …

I just bought and started using a wine aerator. I drank a Ravenswood Bedrock 2005 Cab Sav with and without and noticed a difference in the taste. Would any/all of these benefit from using it before drinking?

(Again, sorry if I sound like a beginner, but I am used to NY Table Wines, forgive me!)

A little love for Tennessee sometime this week would be nice.

Interesting bundle deal. I know the difference in flavors has been asked, but I’m a bit more curious about the difference in pairing experiences. For example I know these are all sangiovese however are any particular ones out of the four we may be given at random better at enjoying with certain foods? For example, is one better with steak while one would be more suited to a hamburger? Or perhaps is there one out of the bunch that has a sweetness that would make it go well on its own, with fruit, cheese, or even with a dessert? This bundle definitely isn’t too complicated, but there are a lot of variables at play with the four different options and you only being able to get two. This is why I’m curious if there is a large difference between what those four wines are best enjoyed with, food wise, because say two of them are great with red meat and two of them are more suited to a pairing with cheese and fruit, someone or myself might end up with two bottles that they would have rather not gotten.

Also, I feel I have to ask this with every wine, are any of these good solo wines or will I enjoy them the most with food? With a combination pack like this are there any out of the four random ones that are more suited to being enjoyed on their own? Perhaps one out of the four has just the perfect combination of sweetness, tannin, viscosity, ABV, etc. that makes it stand out in this regard. Any information on this would be appreciated. Perhaps a break down of which, particularly out of the four randoms, but all would be appreciated, wines go best with what and if they’d make a good solo wine.

Oh and if you could provide some of your favorite parings with each (winery, or people who have tried) I would appreciate that. As I’ve mentioned there are six different wines here so I’m very curious as to what I would enjoy them with and what I could potentially miss out on enjoying them with if I got two that didn’t particularly pair well with something the other two would have paired well with.

Is that last Reward Sangiovese a clone of a clone? Or is that still considered a clone in the first degree?

The Hillside is a clone from Tuscany, and the Reward is a clone from the Hillside block.

I believe I’ve received wines from Woot before that came with special deals from the winery to get more wine. I’m wondering, in addition to my above post about pairings, if this deal would come with any such deals so that we’d have the opportunity to buy the two we missed out on at a Woot-friendly price. Is that a possibility?

saved by lack of shipping to AZ. from the comments I can tell I’d want these…