Vino Noceto - Three Pack

Once WCC shifts to summer shipping, they normally keep us all on summer shipping until autumn. Odds are very, very good that we will get summer shipping for the woot-off. Blame the $5 vs. $7 on the code-monkeys. But take advantage of it while you can!

From the last time it was offered:

Predicting the longevity of California wine has been a very speculative endeavor. But, I’ll give it my view. I believe balance with sufficient fruit and acid make our wines last. The 2006 Noceto Sangiovese hits our target very well. It should continue to mature for at least another 2-3 years and hold for several more. I think it has the potential for even a longer progression before falling apart. Whether it’s actually better depends on whether you prefer more fruit flavors – berries, sour plums or cherries, etc. – versus more mature Sangiovese/Chianti flavors such as dry leaves, leather or cedar, etc. The 2005 Riserva could be more controversial in aging potential. Rusty and I probably disagree, but I think the 2006 Noceto is more likely to be a really interesting wine in a decade than the 2005 Riserva. But, that’s because fruitiness, or its vestiges, are my preference in most wine.
Hope that helps a little.
Jim

Edited to add: This is a reprint from Jim the last time it was offered – not my opinion or words. (Just wanted to make that clear.)

Yeah, I’ve seen numerous sources with conflicting info. That’s why I went with the “sibling” analogy. shrug

I’m not seeing it in the old threads. Someone link me the spreadsheet plz or just tell me savings on each.

thanks in advance.

(edited with current info)

Thank you for making that comparison between strings instead of undefined variables.

Not a big Sangiovese fan but this wine is good. I bought six the last time offered but wonder when are they going to offer some Barberra? I like that better than the Sang. IMHO

oh yeah.
3 for me. love sangy.

Distant, and everything is really small

Too bad this isn’t their OGP Zin. I liked it much more than the sangiovese – even the reserva. Your results may vary.

Earlier LabRat Reports are here.

I think that’s the view from inside the loop looking at the rest of us.

OK, fingers crossed, in for 3.

A bottle of the Reserva and a slice of the Creminelli truffle sausage (which is now available at Central Market in Austin) is just about as good as it gets.

Viva,
Hank

Loved this last time. Turned me onto Chianti because the Sangiovese is hard (for me?) to find locally. Definitely in for one.

Well said and correct!

BTSBGeorge

awesome wine. Have bought it the last few times it surfaced here. Always enjoyed it. Their Sangiovese is a nice light red. Enjoyable with most meals (or solo)

I bought it a year and a half ago and I was not disappointed.

Ready to be wowed again - I’m in for 9 bottles (a Woot case).

After all this time on wine.woot and many many many (you hear that WD) many purchases…I’m finally in for my first order of Vino Noceto. Been meaning to pull the trigger on previous offerings but something always got in the way before the wine sold out or the offering ended. Not this time though. :happy:

Same here. And it couldn’t have come at a better time. I just learned this AM that one of my Jesuit buddies from NYC will be visiting in mid-July; he’s Italian, he loves Tuscan food and wine, and this is the perfect opportunity to treat him to something special.

Here is one of Rusty’s responses (Noceto Winemaker) from the previous Noceto offering on Grosso and Piccolo.

“Hello my my is Rusty and I’m the Winemaker for Vino Noceto, Grosso tends to be a bit earthier little more tannins and the Piccolo tends be be a bit fruitier, we use these to balance the structure of the wines.”

Jim (Jimofnoceto} and Rusty (RustyF) provided great feedback on their history, Tuscan training and CA Sangio. If you are new to this offering I highly recommend you check out their comments.