Vinturi Red Wine Aerator or Vinturi Red Wine Tower

Probably refurbed :).

I have this. It seems to smooth out the rough edges of young reds, fits in my kitchen, isn’t especially fragile, is reasonably easy to clean, and can be taken elsewhere with a bottle of wine.

For some wines, it’s too aggressive and leaves them flabby. For those needing hours of decanting, it doesn’t do enough.

If you have a decanter, and remember to decant the wine early enough, and don’t find yourself suddenly opening a second (or third…) bottle, the decanter is the preferred method.

I bought one of these wanting to love it, but I don’t. The wine spills out the little aeration holes. Maybe I suck at pouring. I like my Metrokane Rabbit much better.

Maybe you should buy the stand :slight_smile:

What does it mean “or”?

The stand is just as useless as the aerator.

I have the stand. It made it worse!

Or possibly more useless:

IIRC, last time this was up, there were complaints that the vinturi on the stand dripped and made a mess, but I don’t have one and can’t comment.

I haven’t had much of a problem using one without a stand the (relatively few) times I’ve used mine. Guests who have used it managed not to spill wine. Inasmuch as SWMBO has proclaimed a lack of space for decanters, I’m sticking with this. Nightghost prefers his Soiree.

It goes through really quickly, but can be a bit awkward to hold and you can spill some precious wine if your pour too quickly. It does improve the taste of the wine though! I’m in for the stand myself!

The rubber stop that’s built into it is actually meant to be placed into a decanter so that you can decant a whole bottle at once, if you have guests.

Up until now, I had been using my white wine vinturi for my reds. The lack of a sediment filter on the white wine one has been a complaint of mine with regards to that application, however.

Soooo, in for 1. Of each.

Are these unexpected guests, so you don’t have time to decant before their arrival? Otherwise, this seems like overkill.

Space is at a premium in my kitchen. Yes, it’s a large kitchen, but I’ve got a f*ck-tonne of gadgets, appliances, bar tools, platters, bowls, etc. etc.

I simply have no room for a decanter. Hell, even my hutch and china cabinet are full. This thing is relatively unobtrusive, and can easily be placed in spots I would not feel comfortable placing a nice decanter (namely, my wine bar, where the cat would knock it off and break it.

Beyond that, 2 bottles of wine at a gathering always seems to expand to 4.

I’m in your boat, and agree completely. (Rather, SWMBO agrees that there’s no room. My opinion doesn’t count :)) I was wondering about the person running the wine through a vinturi into a decanter. I suppose when the first two bottles of properly decanted wine have disappeared, using the vinturi for a quick “decant” of the next bottles would make sense.

(Especially if bringing out the cheaper stuff after taste buds have been numbed… “Oh! You finished the Kronos? Let me get some more { runs some Monkey Prize through vinturi into decanter >”)

I’m not really sure what people are talking about losing wine out of the holes or even overflowing if you pour too fast… The few times I’ve actually had that happen, the overflow has gone directly into the glass, and I use it every time I drink wine now.

Agree, some folks on here must be in a hurry.
I love mine. but to each their own.

Funny, the towers are all gone, and only vinturis are left. I would have thought it would go the other way.

I don’t have the stand, but I use the Aerator often, and I really like it. I have never had a problem with wine coming out of the holes, dripping, or anything like that. No precious wine lost! I just don’t have the space for a decanter, nor do I trust my adolescent girls on dish duty to treat one properly, so I really like it for that reason!

WD please put a few Wellington mixed cases up, pretty please :slight_smile:

Dang, could’ve saved a buck if I hadn’t waited. in for 1.

“Please note that the price of Vinturi Essential Wine Aerator has increased from $26.98 to $30.65 since you placed it in your Shopping Cart.” (amazon)