Vinturi Red Wine Aerator or Vinturi Red Wine Tower

I will admit to not having one – but are they really mainly for reds? If I drink primarily whites, would it be a waste of money? (If you say “no” just to get it off the board, there’s a slight chance I will see right through you.)

It is mainly for reds.

They make one specifically for whites and this is for reds.

I think the difference between the two is color only. I have used my red for both and it works fine.

BTW, what’s the deal with a wootoff price that is the same as every day pricing? Woot off’s used to be about the deal…

Watching James May drink Rasmussen wine. Please let this be a premonition…

I just wish I’d see some good balsamic after all this mess.

oooohhhh… the Balsamic WAS EXCELLENT!! we ration it out here!! super yummy!!

I stopped visiting/buying (for the most part) from Cinderella almost va year ago after Gary v started ppulling off shenanigans…I hope Woot stops this nonsense amd listen to its “fan base.” These past two days have really been “awful” Lot 18, on the other hand, has a very tempting Syrah offer and has been looking pretty good lately…just sayin’…

Awesome product, I use this for all of my homebrew wines and if I happen to break a cork, it has a nice strainer on it that will catch any debris.

we pair it with the Livermore olive oil…yummy

I’m out. I only got two, and gave my mother one. Big mistake. I do a cranberry balsamic glaze on pork loin that is one of my favorites. I haven’t found anything affordable locally that can match that balsamic. I’ve been waiting, for what seems forever now…

I just broke my decanter, was not very happy with myself! Luckily my Vinturi will hold me over until I can find a replacement.

OK - let’s get back to some “different” wine :slight_smile:

http://www.amazon.com/Vinturi-6700-Essential-Wine-Aerator/dp/B000UPOJ5W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1308187519&sr=8-1

Amazon sells just the aerator for 25.50, and it is well received from all the reviews. Personally, I have never used the Vinturi, but aerators in general (with a little swirling) are pretty much essentials

since this package include the tower AND the aerator, it is a pretty good deal it seems, amazon doesn’t sell both together directly, but gift packages on the website list it at right under 60 dollars.

http://www.amazon.com/Vinturi-Deluxe-Aerator-Tower-Stand/dp/B002VAF8PO/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1308187519&sr=8-16

I don’t need an aerator, but this is basically a “buy the aerator, get a stand” deal, which, having seen the Vinturi in action, seems like a good buy

Boo. Yah.

Vinturi Red Wine Aerator or Vinturi Red Wine Tower
Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: Appleton
Speed to first woot: 0m 38.294s
Wooter to blame for sellout: iByron
Sellout time: Wednesday, June 15, 2011, 8:29:28 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 34.600s
Woot wage: $2,393.09 (revenue per hour)
Total woots: 215

Not that it matters since its now sold out but this was not a package deal… you got one or the other at that price.

I have a similar wine aerator but I want to see the Gemini Rojaus aerator on here. Seen them around for 180ish and used one at New Years great aerator decanter for parties.

What I don’t like about this is once you’ve placed your order, no where in any web receipt, confirmation email, or anything does it say which one woot thinks you ordered.

Every bit of documentation says “1 Vinturi Red Wine Aerator or Vinturi Red Wine Tower” with no indication of what.

That means the only way to have a record of your order is to have taken a snapshot of the page while you were ordering. Else hope you clicked the right button (when they were about to sell out) and hope that they read it right if you did).

iByron

Got the tower – and used it – today! So much easier than trying to hold the darn thing straight vertical over a glass.

Still wonder why the tower says it’s for red wine only. I can understand (if not actually ascertain) why the Vinturi device itself would be for different wines, but the tower is just a holder and the white wine model fits just as well as the red.

I’ll be using the tower for both, thank you.

iByron