Vinturi Travel

If a vinturi rep shows up here, can he/she tell us the difference in the top width on the travel product and on the regular Vinturi.

For what it’s worth, Amazon says the regular Vinturi is 2", while the Travel is 1". That seems about right from the 2 videos I linked to above - you clearly need to be quite a bit more careful with the Travel.

Thanks, NG.

I don’t see on the Vinturi home page or my quick perusal of Amazon whether this comes with a screen as the Daddy Vinturi does. Anyone know?

(I’m guessing not given the size…but one never knows.)

This is very true, with decanting you have more control over the wine and can serve it at the optimal time. The airators are just a standard interval.

Though… something about a travel version of the device reminds me of a flask. In the sense that if you whipped one out the people would think “You must drink a lot”.

I’m a big fan of the regular Vinturi, and have been looking for it to be Wooted again so I can pick up some spares to give as gifts to jealous friends. Has anyone out there tried this travel version? Does the quality of its output differ much from that of the full-size version, given the smaller size and slightly different shape? And do you find any difficulty pouring into the narrow 1" opening (while sober, I mean)? If this guy is on par with its big brother, I’ll be in for three.

I concur with Nightghost. Wine aerators really make a difference if you want to drink the wine right away. We bought a Soiree and were surprised at the difference. Much more dramatic than we expected. Then the Soiree broke (it’s pretty, but a little fragile for my household.)

We found another one called the “Wine Finer.” Not a great name, but it’s stainless steel covered in food grade rubber. It inserts into the bottle neck and has a stopper in case you don’t want to consume the whole bottle at once. We got it at Design Within Reach.

First video, right product, but absolutely no value, no review, completely unhelpful.

Second video, wrong product, not for the travel aerator but for the other one that woot has had before.

So in summation, these are two videos that do not help in any way for someone who is considering this product. But if it was for the previous woot, I’d say the second video was very helpful.

Wow, give the guy a break. It was useful for people who wanted to see the size comparison, which I think is what the purpose of posting the first video was. The second video just tries to show proof aerators work. It’s the same company so I assume it works similarly, just a tad smaller.

Nuance makes a product called the “Wine Finer” that works similarly but it fits into the neck of the bottle so there are no spills (plus it actually acts as a spout so no wine drips down the bottle after pouring). America’s Test Kitchen actually thought it did a better job aerating than the Venturi.

Ravens fan - take it with a grain of salt.

Is it wrong that this is the very reason I’m considering the purchase?

Great! One more thing to distract me on the road!

And Amazon’s price checks in at a mere $45.99 + shipping.

Product Dimensions: 1 x 1 x 5.5 inches

That’s the ticket…I have one. Couldn’t remember the name, but I use it on a, ahem, daily basis. I picked it up in the tasting room/shop at Pedroncelli.

$7.50…got 2 gave one as a gift.

Edit: googled the wine finer, and it is not what I have. I’m at work and can’t take a picture, but I will tonight. Mine is more like a stopper/spout/aerator and looks like the mid section on a Vinturi…the little hole and metal aerator disk. It is really cool.

I have several versions of Aerators. Mentioned that I’d like one for x-mas several years ago and everyone bought me one. Latest one I got was made by Rabbit… inserts into the bottle for easy one hand pour with more normal pour angles… no holding upside down and hoping you don’t break the glass like the soiree… no “Dad’s got gas again” noise like the vinturi… they all work Ok… Rabbit’s my current favorite… but … it is plastic, so only time will tell

I agree, if it were a side to side comparison, but it was not. And what good is a size comparison anyway? The question here is, how well does it work, and how is it different from its bigger counterpart, which none of those videos addressed. When I want to buy something I want to know the facts, not some quirky video someone made.

So we all agree. Size matters !

I love my full size one and have for years. I wanted to get a smaller one, but always figured it couldn’t be that much smaller and wasn’t worth the investment… now with it on WOOT I might have to get this one for the RV… or the suitcase… although trying to explain this at customs could get interesting…

They do - but a common problem is that, while pouring, an intoxicated person will pay more attention to the level of wine in the funnel and neglect the level of wine in the glass. :smiley:

Is it anything like the Trudeau aerator? A friend owns a kitchen gadget shop, and he says it is the best. I tried it over the holidays, and the wine looks like it came out of a Vinturi (all bubbly). Only thing is that it’s used in one bottle at a time, like the Soiree. Amazon has it.

Edit: It makes the Vinturi gurgling sound, too.