Vinturi Wine Aerator

I have the travel Vinturi from previous woots and it works well(like a normal vinturi). But realistically there is no true benefit from it past being smaller. The case keeps it from dripping in your pocket but u weren’t going to let it do that anyways. And undoubtedly the normal wide mouth is easier to pour into.

Now that spirit aerator. Im intrigued I like what people are saying about the idea.

Does the tower come with an aerator? Or is it just the tower and I need to purchase a seperate aerator?

The tower and aerator are sold separately. In other words, you need to “Buy 2” – the aerator and the tower. Buy 3 if you want two different aerators. Want to give two sets of aerator+tower as gifts? SOL. :frowning:

why are we seeing non-wine items two days in a row, and not on thursday? Are we going to have to see non-wine items every morning? I’m very not likely to buy a non-wine item, and I’m not going to like seeing them every time I check woot.

This is gift week. Two offerings per day. Mix of wine and wine-related items.

I don’t break out the Towers except for wine gatherings or parties. It really works best then (with large groups).

Actually, you should be able to gift one set, and still order 3 on your own. Just check the GIFT box. (IS THIS A GIFT?}

Would the spirit aerator only be useful on the contents of a bottle which has been freshly opened? I go through spirits rather slowly, so I’m wondering what the benefit would be on a bottle which has been opened for some time.

I did a quick Internet search and got the impression that perhaps using the spirit aerator may be a substitute for adding a small quantity of water to a spirit. I doubt that the effects are the same. Thoughts?

I had my doubts about this guys affect on Red Wine, until I got one and poured a glass through it (and another glass not through it). The difference was remarkable, even for a layperson like myself. Worth the money easily.

Alright folks, help me out here…

We had one of these on our wedding registry and didn’t receive it, so I’m in buy-for-me mode now.

I had the Deluxe Set (basically Red Wine Aerator + Tower) on the registry, and it costs $52 at Amazon - so that’s not a huge savings here. Same thing is about $2 less on Woot.

The real question is about the White Wine Aerator… I’ve never seen a definitive answer as to whether it’s worth it? No doubt why I want/need one for reds, but even though we drink whites semi-regularly I’m just not sure that it’ll make a huge difference on those. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Well I partially retract that statement, as I found this on Amazon…

Any personal comments/thoughts would still be appreciated, however!

Aren’t the red and white models the same, except for the filtering screen?

I believe the white model lets in less air during the Vinturification process as well.

I really hate this but I’ll bet the folks at WTSO really like it! What ever happened to one wine a day? I’ve spent twice as much at WTSO since Amazon took over Woot, as I ever did before.

Anyone know how well the spirit aerator works? I’d test some rum or whiskey with my red or white wine aerator, but I think that drinking on the job is supposed to be frowned upon.

I literally just bought the red wine version of this for 96 cents more last night off of Newegg. I suppose I can’t complain too much, since I used a gift card anyway.

Actually, might be a pretty good option for anyone who wants to pay an extra buck to get their free 3-day shipping.

Perfect timing!!! I was just shopping around for the tower and red aerator set, and couldn’t find it for less than $60. Now I got the tower and aerator here, for $50. woo!

I used my $20 deals.woot coupon for this deal. I got the red wine and spirit ones.
from everything I have read the red wine one will work with white wine no problem.

The spirit aerator will go sweet with my whiskey stones I just ordered off Woot!

I’ve never heard of aerating tequila before. I’m intrigued!

Does anyone know if Woot will mark this as an over-21 package and require someone to sign for it? I usually ship all Wine Woot orders to my work address, but sent this one to my home address and now I’m worried they’ll mark it as wine/over-21…