Vinum Cellars White Elephant Blend

RS on the 2011 Vinum Cellars White Elephant is bone dry at 0.23%

In terms of the White Elephant’s age-worthiness, I have sampled our 1997, 98, 99 and 2000 all recently and they are ageing very nicely with enhanced minerality. But when the wine is this good in its youth, why wait, we make more every year.

Great reviews by the rats - I pushed the big button.

More good information on the wine here on our website: http://www.vinumcellars.com/assets/client/File/VC_WhEle11_fact.pdf

Thanks Jan. Let me know how you like the wine after you get into it:
richard@vinumcellars.com

Roger that. And I failed to mention in my comments above, bahwm and I are primarily red wine drinkers, but when a wine is this good, we have to grab some while we can.

Hey, Richard! Thank you for popping by! You linked to the wrong post, but that’s OK. If you should find yourself in the Buffalo, NY area and want to see Niagara Falls and check out some of our local wine regions: Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada or the Finger Lakes let us know. We can always re-create that meal–just bring the wine! And, who knows, maybe ddeuddeg would even make a cheesecake for the occasion!

bahwm

ddeuddeg just placed an order for two. :tongue:

My wife enjoys Chenin blanc but I saw the addition of roussanne and then the oak and then the creamy descriptor and it didn’t seem like style. She’s picky and if she does not care for it I’ll have 4 bottles that I won’t know what to do with. I guess I could always drink it myself…

Darn you all, I was trying to put a stop to my wine buying insanity at least until the New Year but the excellent reviews and winemaker participation have sucked me back in! :slight_smile:

Speed to first woot: 1m 19.331s
First sucker:rjquillin
Last wooter to woot:chipgreen

EDIT: willing to give up a couple bottles if the usual parties are interested

I really think your wife will enjoy it. If she doesn’t, well, then, I guess you’re in luck! This is a beautifully made wine. It is well balanced and just, yummy! :slight_smile:

Spunds like a crowd pleaser…so long as it isnt a CA butterbomb with in your face oAk treatment then I am sure I will enjoy it! Thanks for the feedback. In for one.

It’s not a CA butterbomb, that much is for sure. I had to read the specs to find out it was fermented in oak, because it certainly wasn’t prominent on the nose or the palate. I think you’ll enjoy it.

Thanks!

If your wife likes Chenin Blanc, I assure you this will be the best one she has ever had.