Violight Sonic Ion Toothbrush & UV Sanitizer with 4 Toothbrush Heads

4 stars average on Buzzillions.com
http://www.buzzillions.com/reviews/violight-izap-toothbrush-sanitizer-1-ea-reviews

Those are toothbrushes, not brush heads.

If it’s “Sonic” then does it blast the heads with music like The Who or Beatles or something, to frighten the bacteria to death, as well as UV?

That’s just the sanitizer part, though. I’m more interested in whether the toothbrush is comparable to a Sonicare.

It’s a moot point, though, as there seems to be no readily available source for replacement heads.

Do the bristles actually rotate or does it just vibrate?

You’re right. My bad, I’ll keep looking. They make everything else, they must make replacement heads.

LMAO

No, it tastes like Sonic hamburgers and cherry limeade while you brush.

It’s actually not a bad idea to keep two toothbrushes, and use them in rotation. That way one or the other can be more thoroughly drying out between uses. Just another way to avoid providing bacteria and such with the moist environment they adore.

With four brush heads, you could do a 2-day rotation (one in the morning, next one that night, and so on) and feel even more successful in your mission to always use a dry brush head.

At least it’s not refurbished.

My Dentist says to stick with the Oral-B brand of toothbrushes. The smaller head makes it easier to get in around the back teeth to clean. These large head brushes dont’ fit into the mouth well.

You mean “refurbrushed” right?

Sonic action is good for kicking up plaque and debris, but the disinfection aspect is a bit gimmicky.

Even at the claimed kill rate of 99.9%, millions of bugs can still remain on your toothbrush, but that pales in comparison to the billions of critters left frolicking like monkeys in your mouth.

The “sanitizing” is not meant to kill life-threatening viruses. That’s stupid. It’s meant to kill every day germs that causes bad breath and the flu. Of course you can reuse your toothbrush without “sanitizing” it and blame your flu on your dog.

For the ignorant, UV-C light can be used on all sorts of things-- toilet seats, comb, toothbrush, computer keyboards, etc…

http://www.germguardian.com/uvc-technology.asp

I just bought a Sonicare 2-pack at costco for $80. ($99 - automatic coupon). Soooo…About the same price if you can find a brushing buddy to split it with, and I can’t imagine being happier than I am with my Sonicare. I bought the new one to replace the one my cat broke. Really.

MythBusters

OralB/Braun was $29.00 for TWO

Actually, speaking as someone who used to work for Sonicare and actually took the time to read the studies, the UV sanitizer kills off 99.99% of a number of nastier things like e. coli, which is a bit more than “bad breath and the flu.” I’m not saying you’ll die without it, but don’t discount what it does based on a site that’s trying to sell you competing products.

I’m in for my first woot.

My Waterpik branded one uplinked with Skynet long ago and went all manual on me. I think it’s waiting for the revolution before reawakening so I think I’ll melt it down now and keep an eye on this ultraviolet improved model.

I have searched high and low for the better part of the last hour, including the manufacturer website, for Replacement Toothbrush Heads for this w00t item.

I could not find them anywhere. They don’t seem to exist.

So, the only option appears to be purchasing a whole new entire set-up with the four brush heads every time you use up your four toothbrush head’s. If you brush 3x a day, you should replace your toothbrush every 3 months. I replace my toothbrushes every 2 months myself, whether they need it or not.

I guess that’s one way to [strike]scam people into buying[/strike] get people to buy a whole new Violight Sonic Ion toothbrush set each and every year instead of just offering replacement toothbrush heads. That’s a deal breaker for me. Otherwise, I’d have jumped on this.