Visiontek ATI Radeon X1950 Pro 256MB PCI-E Video Card

Depends on your motherboard. Need a pci express x16 slot.

arent those just rebranded and way more expensive 8800’s?

This is a bit overpriced for what you get. I’d recommend the nVidia GeForce 7400 Go (a little more expensive) if you want to play games. It runs Crysis, Oblivion, etc.

Just go for a 512mb 8800gt

Serves me well :slight_smile:

why does it look like a mini piano?

Hey will someone please clarify the whole pancake thing (or “pppaaaaaannnnccaaakkkkeesss” as I often see posted) for me? Are wooters supposed to have I-hop fetishes or something? I don’t get it, it’s been bugging me for a while now, someone please post?

Thanks.

Newegg has a Sapphire-branded version, essentially the same card with 512 mB (but an “open-box” version), for $79.99 + $8.25 shipping, so I would say this particular woot is Not That Hot.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102075R

At this point, I think just about everyone should have 512MB of video RAM, at minimum. While this would be a nice upgrade from built-in graphics, you’d be much better off making the incremental investment from this card to one with more RAM.

The whole 9-series is a sham. They’re supposed to be 8-series cards at higher clocks, but the difference is unnoticable.

Nice to see actual electronics on woot again… Too bad this is old crap for way more than it should be… Old graphics cards are pretty much useless. Too crappy for gaming, and no real advantage over integrated if you aren’t. With all ATis new stuff kicking ass, you should have made a deal with nvidia to dump off some of their 8 or 9 series cards…

bought this off of newwegg about a year ago for i think just a little more good card worked realy well with dual 22inch monitors my main reason for buying it. so far has run any game i have thrown at it even with the rest of my system lacking it holds up well. personally id say grab one there solid cards.

Ill believe that when me shet turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet

this would run oblivion fine maxxed out

no bar at the bottom telling how much is left… Woot off over???

gee I wonder if it supports crossfire…

If only I still had a desktop :frowning:

I asked this exact same question and learned the answer like 24 hours ago, so I will share: it is the woot automatic word filter in action; “pppaaaaaannnnccaaakkkkeesss” will be inserted in place of any “w.t.f.”'s you happen to type in your post.

What’s it smell like now?

If a post ever looks like it makes no sense, with weird words, hit “reply” and look at what they REALLY typed before the filters

Vista’s quite good, once have the least amount of ram need for gaming (2GB).

Turn off UAC since it’s only there to prevent retards from screwing with things they shouldn’t be. Unless you’re not that good. Then leave it on.