Visit R'Lyeh!

Might sell more with the less obscure Atlantis.

Am I seeing this wrong, or did the artist misspell Cthulhu?

His mind “swum”?

I’m taking my vacation in R’Lyeh in December. It’s going to be a Cthulhu Christmas.

R’Lyeh is no place for a man! Dead Cthullu … wait… what? Nevermind. (walks away muttering)

That’s just one of the many, many alternate spellings: Tulu, Clulu, Clooloo, Cthulu, Cthullu (See? Right here!), C’thulhu, Cighulu, Cathulu, C’thlu, Kathulu, Kutulu, Kthulhu, Q’thulu, K’tulu, Kthulhut, Kutu, Kulhu, Kutunluu, Ktulu, Cuitiliú, Thu Thu (yes, Thu Thu), and more.

Here’s the coordinates for anyone interested : S 48° 52.6′ W 123° 23.6′

I was this close to buying one (theimmc = the immortal Cthulhu) but the spelling :frowning:

If “Honey I Shrunk The Kids” could get away with it for all these years…

Is this perhaps the story of the man who was swallowed by the impossible geometry?

What? No “Spirit of Massachusetts” slogan?

Way to spoil all that lovely suspense that you had going there in the wright up, Woot.

Ummm… what is this is a reference too. This is seriously hurting my geek pride.

Classic Lovecraft. Not sure why the recent rise to geeky fame. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cthulhu

“recent”?? Well, if you consider the last 8 years (if not more) as recent, then I suppose…

Yeah, but…why not use the widely accepted “official” name? I considered getting this one, but that spelling just bugs me too much.

Recent? The Call of Cthulhu RPG was first released in 1981. Cthulhu has been getting lots of geek love for a long time.

With most Woot shirts, I have at least some idea what they’re about. With this one, I had to google it - sorry that I did :frowning:

Cthullu = no sale. Really, Woot?

I mean, sure, but considering that Cthulhu was created/made by one man, within the last hundred years, in the English language, isn’t the spelling he used really the “correct” one? It’s not actually transliterated from an alien tongue.