VistaQuest 8MP HD Digital Camcorder

In for. . . wait!?!? Pink? Nevermind. It won’t match my biker leathers.

Also, if you’re buying this to use it as a still camera for some reason…

The CMOS sensor only records 5 megapixels. The 8 megapixel mode is interpolated, so it just wastes more space on your memory card.

In for two. Great beginner camcorder to those I don’t want to give an $80 camcorder.

Whoever said this does not have an SD card slot, it does.

And yeah, it does not come with an SD card, but what camera or camcorder does?

I’m in cause it’s pink!

Kinda wondering that myself. Clearly states it is included in the box, but there is not one in the pic.

Walmart like/dislike this. Pretty polar reviews there: WallieWorld

In for 5, Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

try steepandcheap.com for camping/outdoors stuff! Woot for everything else!

Great gift for my 11 year old daughter, xmas shopping early…now if i can only get it all done within this woot off :slight_smile:

Other than the Flips that come with built-in storage, can you name a camcorder that comes with an SD card? I have got all the name brands and can’t think of any.

And I assume that the person would be odd who did not have at least one SD card “lying around.”

In any event, what people should be checking is to make sure the cards are Class 4, 6, or 10.

If you need a C4 or C6 chip, 4GB can be had for $8 at even Target stores. Online $20 gets you a 16GB Class 4 and 16GB Class 6 on sale.

Since the Flip kind of dominates this market, I think some people might assume that competing products have it too.

In for one, functional video camera for basic shooting, don’t mind if I lose/Break it…
Will have to quit drinking to get rid of the shakes…

Manufacturer web site: http://www.vistaquestcorp.com/lang/en/
Flash based site, so I couldn’t get a direct link.
Visit site >> click ‘Digital Video Cameras’ >> Click ‘8.0 MP’

Model numbers:
VQ-DV800HDP (Pink)
VQ-DV800HDS (Silver)

Specification PDFs:
VQ_DV800HD_Pink.pdf
VQ_DV800HD_Silver.pdf

in for 3 … great gifts for the women in my office.

Also, I will make one of these a Toys for Tots donation. I do that with lots of Woot stuff. (And will include a 4GB SD card. :wink: )

Nice cheap camera to toss on a radio controlled airplane…

Just received an email saying FedEx will deliver the cameras to me on Oct 27…Woo Hoo!

Just got these today.

I have to say that just the stuff in the box makes this worth the purchase price.

You get:

A mini HDMI to HDMI cable (those alone sell for about $10 on eBay).

A mini USB charger. That will charge lots of electronic devices. Such chargers are about $5 to $10 on eBay.

A strap/lanyard. I use those all the time on my camcorders, cell phones and cameras.

A USB to mini USB cable.

A VGA cable with one end standard audio and video plugs and the other end a 3.5 mm plug.

So that’s stuff I can use elsewhere and would have cost me about $30 to buy separately. (I especially like that it came with the mini HDMI to HDMI cable).

That leaves my paying $10 for the camcorder.

I’ll give one to charity and keep the other for an accident cam in my car.

By the way, I turned the camcorder on to simply set the settings, etc. The display looks horribly cheap. It ain’t no TFT active matrix display.

I bought 3 of these cameras for gifts, as I was setting the time and date and other options on the third and last camera,the screen went white and then would not change. I did a reboot then a battery pull and still no change. I was going to give them out this week to three employees this week… I guess one will be disappointed!
I did write to RMA@WOOT, I doubt that they have an extra camera lying around. BUMMER!

Woot emailed and said i had to deal with vista quest… I wnet to their website and it said you did not need a RMA (They must get a bunch of these back!) So I ups’d to them on DEC 22 and they recvd it on Dec 29. I have still not been contacted by them… I am just hoping that a new camera just shows up in about a week! I will keep you updated