Vivitar 8600 8MP Digital Camera with 6X Optical Zoom and 2.8" LCD

a COMPLETE Listing of all woot-off items can be found here site might not load the first time due to heavy traffic, so just hit refresh and it should show up.

too rich for my blood, nice camera tho. If I was looking for a new cam I’d definitely pick this one up :slight_smile:

Great camera… love the 6x optical zoom and 8 MP is better resolution than even film. Tough to find a camera with these features for a lower price.

After the item is marked sold out, how long does it takes for the other item to come on.

I have to press refresh to get to it, otherwise the other item stays on. Does not change automatically.

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

Vivitar 8600 8MP Digital Camera with 6X Optical Zoom and 2.8" LCD
$279.99 + $5 shipping
condition: New
product(s): 1 Vivitar 8600 8MP Digital Camera w/6x Optical Zoom

Long live the WOOT-OFF !!!

Wow, an item over $200… isn’t that the first one today??

Seems better than the last Vivitar that was up here. Too rich for my blood though.

Every time I get a camera a better one comes available! Damn!

Looks like a nice camera. But $280.00?!?

Click on the Pic and you will see the crazy cat has returned from a previous woot-off…this time much calmer.

Major Woot killer here. I bet they sold 10 last week when they offered it. Does anyone remember the price at the time?

6x optical zoom is pretty good…that along with 8MP will make for a fine poster sized pic of the neighbor lady gettin’ dressed. hahaha

This is the first itme I have seen this camera, apparently it’s not released in the US yet. (checked ww.vivitar.com) the latest camera they have up is the 8300: http://www.vivitar.com/vivitarwork/productsshow_2.php?product_id=116&category_id=42&parent_id=1

Generally it seems to take in between 2 and 5 minutes tops.

tracker mirror

http://www.lifeinwidescreen.com/wootoff/

289 at the last woot, so 10 bucks cheaper.

As a photography enthusiast, I can tell you that 8mp and 6 x optical zoom good for those reaching for professional looking shots. This camera is a good replacement for those of us that can’t afford expensive SLR’s, though personally I recommend the Fuji Finepix S7000 despite its bulk and battery binges.

Shame I don’t have the cash for it.

8 MP - good
6x optical zoom - good
Vivitar - hmm
$79.99 - WOOHOO!

No, wait…

Nevermind.

If I owned this camera, I would take pictures of pictures and blow them up to poster size. Amazing possibilities…

This was a launch item - ya know, little pointy hat or whatever thingy - on Woot sometime in the last month or so. Or was it yesterday? Woot-offs totally screw up my sense of days hours and minutes. Ok, time to go vote. Good luck everyone! Merry Xmas.