Vivitar 8600 8MP Digital Camera with 6X Optical Zoom and 2.8" LCD

Where would you learn that fact?

Of course not. Are you aware of the basics of HTML?

tracker mirror

http://www.lifeinwidescreen.com/wootoff/

I was going to lambast this camera: who needs 8mp for a point-and-shoot? But in all seriousness, creating posters (or other large blow-ups) is the ONLY reason to get this camera. otherwise, you’d be much better off with more features and less pixels.

i think the woot guys have gone nutz. Or their pricer is on crack. Two woots in a row now… sigh (buy.com)

on the other hand, the camera has some great features and will make someone a great camera. buy em up so we can get on with this wootoff

8.6 Megapixel Version with 3X Optical Zoom and 4X Digital Zoom available Here For $225

I did my part and bought one, I got the 8300sc before off Woot and have been really happy with that one, and this one is much nicer than that one, I look forward to getting this one.

Yep… It was a Woot Launch on the 25th or 26th…

Vivitar 8600 8MP Digital Camera with 6X Optical Zoom and 2.8" LCD
$289.99 + $5 shipping
condition: New
product(s): 1 Vivitar 8600 8MP Digital Camera w/6x Optical Zoom

Was this the camera they had some weeks back that was a “Woot Premier” or whatever it is that they use during a woot for an item that is being first introduced on Woot first before anywhere else.

If it is, this is probably why many can’t find this listed anywhere just yet

I calculate 150 of these. Approximate sellout time 2 hrs 15 minutes

most people will be perfectly happy with a 4-5 MP camera… I picked up a Minolta Dimage Z2 4MP 12X Optical Zoom and 4X digital Zoom w/ a ton of features for less than $150.00 on ebay

It was 279.99 last time, 10 bucks cheaper… Not for me but PLEASE someone start buying this! You are saving 10 bucks off the batt. GREAT BUY!

Not quite. That’s the 8300s. Not the same.

Consumer Reports says that Vivitar digital cameras are the WORST (out of all brands reported on) when it comes to the frequency of repairs.

Buyer beware…

wootoff checker – http://wootoff.lustre.us

that was 289.99 last time

I understand how you guess how many with percentage left, but where do you find quantity already sold?

Thats for 3x zoom and 4x digital. I think this is a better deal.

All I have to say is kudos to the person who wrote the description and included one of my all time favorite words, “legerdemain”.

Of course the interesection of performance and cost on this particular woot would indicate a certain level of schadenfreude that woot is deriving from all of us praying for someone else to “take one - three for the team.”

Find my other favorite word in the sentence above. :wink:

Item on Amazon is 8300s, not 8600s