Vivitek Projectors

Nothing with HDMI…except the pocket projectors

Dang it all. Waited too long and missed both of the projectors I was looking at. Grrrr, I’m a dumbass.

For anybody who is concerned about connecting certain video sources, keep in mind that you can buy a this-to-that converter for just about any input/output method the tech industry throws at you. Now, obviously if you are stepping down from a higher-resolution to a lower-resolution cable, you won’t get the higher resolution to display. But it is possible to connect pretty much anything to anything else by simply searching Amazon and buying your required converter. Just wanted to mention that in case anybody was on the fence for this particular reason.

Got this at work, I will test when I get home,m openining it up they accidently sent me an european style cord so I called Vivitek and they are sending me the right one, they were so nice, luckily I can use an extra cord i have laying at home

update mine is excellent and even does 3d from uVerse (note you have to make sure that your sending a 720p singnal from your cable box)

Got the D536 and love it

Got the D538W today and the HDMI was not working correctly on it. Strangely enough my computer (tried on multiple machines) would only recognize the connection when the projector was off (but plugged in). VGA worked fine, but I wanted to hook this thing up to my AppleTV.

Time to start the RMA process I guess…

I received my Q5 last night and was very impressed. The packaging, design, and video performance of the projector exceeded my expectations.

While experimenting with each of the source inputs, I projected a (roughly) 7-foot diagonal picture on a wall that has 2 75-watt sconces which were lit at full brightness. The images were easy to see and the built-in Office files viewer was (mostly) perfect. I also sent video from my iPad and used a USB drive to load up various MP4 files with no problems.

The only disappointment was the speakers- I can barely get any volume out of them and they were easily outdone by the iPad’s own built-in speakers.

Overall I am quite happy, I do hope for a long life from the projector.

Agreed about speaker, I hook my source up to sorround sound so that is solved
Does excellent 3d Already watched Tron it was amazing

I feel like I stole this for $199 LOL

D536-3D Projector

Iv’e ceiling mounted mine in my office and am using it to play COD Black Ops II on my Xbox. Picture is great and there is no noticeable lag and it’s been a great upgrade from my TV.

The lack of audio out is a slight annoyance, but I’m getting around this via a receiver. For $199, I can’t think of a single other option that even compared to this.