VIZIO 1080p LED Smart TV of Your Choice!

55" is $40 more at Walmart (http://www.walmart.com/ip/23565840?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227917324509&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=27477420756&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=50120303470&veh=sem) for a new one. Not buying a refurb for$40 less. Scary proposition!

the 70 inch just isn’t that good of a deal at all. $1598 at my walmart right now new. with their return policy and the one year warranty.

shipping an 80 lb tv back plus the weight of the packaging doesn’t sound good at all.

Do not buy the refurb Visio LED Smart TVs! I got the 47" one and it had bad flashlighting in the corners. I sent it in to get fixed/replaced, and the fly by night refurb center sent me another TV that had EVEN worse flashlighting!! Absolutely ridiculous. On top of it all, I had to pay the $110 shipping for two defective TVs. Buyer beware with this technological purchase. All in all, if I would have gone to Sam’s to get one, I would have paid the same price and got a perfect TV. I will think hard before I ever buy another TV from Woot!!

Most TV’s are “Frankenstein” TV’s- there are only a few manufacturers of flat panels. The manufacturers buy the parts and put them together just like they do with laptops. You think LG is there making their own processors, power supplies?

I believe that Visio uses Sharp’s panels anyway- so I don’t know what that would have to do with being LG’s rejects.

I have both an LG and a Visio and they are both great TV’s.

wow, $149.00 to $1299.00? That’s quite a price range Senor Woot.

That makes a lot more sense. probably just a misprint. The 0.541mm would fall in perfectly.

I have two Vizio TV’s with zero issues. One 60" exactly like the one in this posting, and a 24" LED. My buddy who owns a Samsung TV with the same refresh rate as these TV, and LED as well has very noticeable Ghosting on the screen, as where my Vizio has zero. If I ever need another TV its going to be a Vizio. Have no clue why you want to knock this Brand. By all means pay 50% more for a well known name brand. Vizio has the same performance for the best price.

You get what you pay for but SONY is the only way to fly…the color difference / quality is noticeable when yoou view their Televisions…due to cost of Sonys i had to settle for a lower (Sharp)brand but my next one will be SONY

Esh man really? need it? you have a 70 already and you NEED it bigger? i wish i had your problems… O_o

@starmanbackwards, can’t let that Sony love comment slip by without a counter. Sony reliability is horrible. 20+ years ago - great, bullet proof stuff. No longer. During the latter CRT TV years the tuners failed like crazy (we had it happen to three different Sonys). Friends and colleagues reported similar experience over the years.

Then we (foolishly) tried a flat panel Sony about 2 years ago. Fail. Luckily we bought it from Costco. No more Sony TVs for this home!

Sony is trading on their past good name. Even tho some of their models have great picture quality, the price premium no longer makes sense.

Hate reading all of these people with good VIZIO experiences. Makes me feel like I have the worst luck.

I’ve owned 2 VIZIO LED TV’s, and both were shot within 2 years. One was even in a room where it got very little use.

Same thing happened to both of them: Half the LED panel went out, leaving one half of the screen dimmer than the other. To replace the LED board was within $50 of buying a new TV.

Good to hear some have had quality experiences, but, IMO, VIZIO is far too hit or miss to lay down serious cash.

Argh, I snoozed; I loozed. The 23" would have made a great home office monitor.

You tell folks to save their money because Vizios don’t “pass LG’s quality standards”? What’s that based on?

How about I offer my personal experience. I purchased two Vizio HDTV’s several years ago and both have worked great from day 1. Now, your experience may not mirror mine. But if you think this is a good deal, I certainly wouldn’t shy away from it just because it’s a Vizio!

Do the remotes for these tv’s have a dedicated channel list button for those of us going with over-the-air broadcast for programming?

I’d feel a lot better buying an expensive tech item that was Factory Recertified and backed by a Factory Warranty vs. some unknown third party refurber.

One method I’d use to evaluate price: multiply the likelihood it will need to be returned times the price difference between new and used. Compare that to the cost to get the used one swapped/fixed/returned.

Example: save $200 with the used price X 25% likelihood of failure (who knows, a guess. I’m sure woot would claim it is less than 5% but I’d personally use a much higher number for an individual) = $50. Can you repair it or ship it back for $50?

In any case, the Square Trade warranty seems like a no brainer on any of these TVs priced over $300-400.

Wonderful Eric checked the manual. For the 55" it says:

0.21mm (H) x 0.63mm (V)

The specs have been updated to reflect this.

I bought one of these refurbs last week and it was crap right out of the box. I’m waiting on an RMA for repair.

Save your money on these.

I have a 7 year old vizio at home that is starting to die.

Does anyone know if it comes with the remote featured about halfway down this page: http://www.vizio.com/technology/via/

Full QWERTY keypad on back?!

Picked up a 70" in the last wootoff and couldn’t be happier. TV was packaged very well and picture is great. I have numerous (26",2-32", 60",70") Vizios in my house, 2 bought new and other 3 refurbs from Woot and they all work perfect.

Our 42 inch plasma died yesterday, so this is quite a timely deal.

I asked my wife if we should go for it, and she said yes. As for size, she told me she’s fine with the same size, as long as it works. At the same time, she wouldn’t complain about a new one that was a little bigger–just not too big.

In for one 47 inch TV. I hope that’s what she meant.