Vizio 22” 720p LCD HDTV

1366 x 768 is the max resolution as a computer monitor

I have a similar Vizio but it is 32". Great product however, the sound isn’t the greatest. I would recommend this one (2 HMDI ports) rather than the Vizio at Sellout Woot.

Bought one new for $200 or so at the end of the summer. Downright amazing quality for the price.

The only downside is that the vertical viewing angle gets really dark more that 15 degrees above or below eye level, so make sure you have this situated right.

Good Eve Woot Central -

Boo-boo on second "jpg’; suppose to be pix of box, in reality current pix is a duplicate of the first “jpg”.

best,

a.

No VESA mount? I am in the market for a bedroom TV (actually a bit bigger than this), but it has to mount on a swingarm connected to a wall.

It’s funny, I started looking at this to suggest it to my parents, but now I find myself wanting one for my dorm room to use as a TV (rarely) and a monitor (probably more frequent). It’s a great price for one or the other, and an AMAZING price for both, apparently… (edit: I guess the low maximum resolution would majorly limit its usefulness as a monitor, considering that my 15" laptop’s resolution is 1440x900.)

Fixed. Well, removed. Picture a brown box… about “so” big.

I second that - the vertical viewing angle is 155 on this model. I bought the 26 inch Vizio and returned it because of that.

What makes it refurbished?

This is a Woot! because Vizio just came out with their RazorLED (more marketing than LED, since it is still an LCD monitor/TV).

I picked up the M220VA for about $250. What did I get for the extra bux?

1920x1080 native screen resolution for starters (this older model is 768 for the 22" size).

Second, mine is NIB. This is a refurb. Likely returned stock to make way for the new Vizio.

http://www.vizio.com/m220va.html

As for the new model, it’s less than an inch thick, or about half the 2" thick this one is.

I’m not knocking this deal, it’s a great size for a bedroom or kitchen or a nice monitor.

But if you’re looking for 1080p, pick up the newer model.

BTW, the big box “club” stores only carry the 19" and the 23" models. So if you need the 22" model (I did due to size requirements), you’ll have to look on the internet.

Here’s where I found the M220VA (the new model):

http://www.lscwarehouse.com/m220va.html

for $259 and shipping was very reasonable.

You can use a DVI to HDMI cable - thats what I have for my setup.

my roommate has his HDTV in the living room, and I’d be fine with the TV I have now, but for some reason his TV blocks my laptop from connecting through HDMI.

It seems like this one would let me connect my laptop, but does anyone know how I can tell or what to look for before I waste more money I don’t have? Sorry I’m dumb.

edit: I even settled for the smaller screen laptop thinking I could hook it up to the HDTV for video if I wanted to. :frowning:

It’s a 720p tv. How did you get 1080i out of it?

It says it right there on the main site–Signal Compatibility: Supports 480i (SDTV), 480P (EDTV), 720P (HDTV), 1080i (HDTV)

In the item description it says it supports 1080i.

I have the same tv and I had to make some custom brackets to adapt it to a work, but other than that, its a great tv

This provides nothing constructive to the conversation.

Good luck on your quest for a larger TV with a VESA mount, and $150.

My Mac Book Pro has a max resolution of 1920x1200, so 780 wouldn’t utilize the max resolution of my computer.
A friend hooks up her Mac Book to her 42" 1080p TV using a DVI to HDMI cable. The cable connection isn’t an issue.

That means it’s capable of accepting a 1080i feed, the actually resolution output will never be higher than 720p with this tv

No VESA = dealbreaker.

Fucking awesome woot, otherwise. If I wanted a freestanding TV right now, I’d have already bought it.