Vizio 22” 720p LCD HDTV

Anyone know if it can tilt a little bit on the stand that comes with it??? Or it is completely stationary?

You can build one - google gray hoverman or coat hangar antenna.

Anyone else notice this thing only uses 23.7 watts?

I have a 2 year old 20’ LCD Vizio (VX20L) that uses 85 watts. That was no better than a CRT TV.

I use a computer monitor (24" flatscreen ASUS monitor with my XBOX 360) so I have a little experience with what you want to do. When you use an LCD TV as a monitor, it would function just fine with all of your basic computer tasks but while gaming there are some things you need to look for that wouldn’t find in this Woot deal. My monitor has a 2ms respond time whereas the Vizio only has 5ms. Also, this TV only has a 5000:1 contrast ratio so graphics might not look as crisp. My Asus has 20,000 or 25,000:1 for it’s contrast ratio. Again, I am sure this TV would be fine so long as you have the correct output on your computer and the correct input on the T.V. to hook it up. If you decide to hook your PC up to this machine, make sure that you change your resolution output of your computer to match the best resolution the Vizio could put out. On my XBOX I had to change the resolution to 1080p as the XBOX was still set to 480i from my older TV and the difference in the picture was like night and day. As long as the Vizio has a VGA monitor hookup (sorry I don’t know the technical name for this hookup) you will be able to hook up your PC with just a monitor cable. Otherwise, make sure your PC has a DVi or HDMI output on it to hook it up to the Vizio. I am sure at 720p the Vizio would look just fine with the PC but with intensive gaming, you may feel let down. Just my 2 cents worth…

I’m confused? Woot and even the link to Vizios own website shows this as not having a S-video input, but I downloaded the manual from the same Vizio site and it shows S-video on the side??
I also question if this Vizio actually has the GUIDE function, generally the cheaper Vizios do not have that feature. It’s also odd the remote has buttons for zoom, PIP etc. but according to the manual those buttons do not work on this model TV…A friend has what I believe is a very similar TV and that one lacks the unused buttons.

I have this TV (bought from another vendor last week, d’oh!) and it does NOT tilt on its base. I will probably be wall mounting it if I can figure out what the problem with finding a compatible mount is.

Anyone know if the screen is glossy or flat? Glossy is out for me–too reflective for a computer monitor as I have a window behind me. Don’t want to keep looking at myself!!

lol. It’s a tv. Why would there be?

Uh, are there glossy LCD’s? Plasma’s generally have reflective glass screens but my LCD (not this model) is non reflective.
This looks like a decent deal so I’m in for one. Now just gotta figure out where to put another TV…

Does it come with a stand? Can not tell from the what’s in the box description

WALL MOUNT SPECIFICATIONS
Hole Pattern: 100mm x 100mm

http://www.vizio.com/va220e.html#support

http://www.vizio.com/va220e.html#support

100x100 vesa

Great reviews. I am not a cable tv subscriber because in the past access to so many movies and wanting to get my cash value for spending on cable caused me to watch and record every movie ever made to that date. I had a great excuse being a Media Major at the time BA, MBA. The VHS Collection I amassed was incredibly large. Who knew DVD’s would take their place!

I opted to get the HDTV Boxes one for each tv last year. I bought nearly 12 and all but 2 have burned out and died in less than a year. I replaced one but the postage costed half the price of the original one bought with the government coupons.

Sooooo I’m in for 6 using a second account! The built in tuner is a big plus and out with the older big tvs! The older sets will be good for the childrens video games. All of my woots over the past number of years have been great and are still working with no complaints. Woot! Woot! Woot!

I believe this will accept a VESA mount. It has 100mmx100mm hole pattern.

Went to cnet.com to get the specs:

There is a VESA mount. Its 100x100 look under specifications.

It seems like this isn’t as good of a deal as the 23" 1080p name brand monitor that was on sellout woot a couple days back for like $140.

The biggest downside I can think of is the resolution. Monitors are so expensive because they have such high resolution. At 720i, the resolution is 1366 x 768 which is “ok” for a 22" screen. I’m using a 19" monitor that gets 1440 x 900 resolution, and even that could be better. Just something to think about but probably not a deal breaker.

Damn, missed out on it by 25 seconds.

Yes, I noticed that on the Woot specs and the Vizio web site, but I do not think it is correct.

Vizio has a LED 22 inch (M220VA Razor) that specs out at 28 watts. LED models should have a power consumption of about two thirds to one half of the same size LCD models, so it does not make sense that this LCD model would consume about 4 watts less than a same size LED model.

If you download the manual from the Vizio web site for the Woot VA220E on sale today, it lists the power consumption at 55 watts. That is what I would expect for a more recent 22 inch pure LCD.

I have noticed errors on the Vizio site in the past concerning power consumption. When I sent them an e-mail, they corrected the specs after a couple of days.