VIZIO 24" 1080p LED HDTV

**Item: **VIZIO 24" 1080p LED HDTV
Price: $129.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $12 Two-Day OR $16 One-Day
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

[Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=VIZIO 24" 1080p LED HDTV)

[Search Google](VIZIO - Google Shopping 24" 1080p LED HDTV)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
6/19/2013 - $129.99 (Woot-off) - 32 comment(s)
5/4/2013 - $129.99 - 33 comment(s)

6/24/2013 - $130.00 (Woot Plus)

Hey look, a Product Page

Good feedback from a lot of Amazon Buyers

Would this be a good monitor?

Very good reviews (4.3 out of 5.0) over at walmart.com

If you wanna see more, here is an unboxing

[youtube=p90BJAhSUaI][/youtube]

a friend bought this TV in a previous woot. the picture is crap, looks like my computer monitor playing at 480p, even though I checked the settings to make sure it was in 1080. another friend got a no name brand 720p TV that looks much better. Also the optimal vertical viewing angle is very small.

I got one the last time, and the picture really is crap. Lots of artifacts in a dark picture.

I bought one of these the last time Woot offered it (about a month ago). Been using it as a monitor (haven’t tried it as a TV yet). My picture INITIALLY looked like crap - fuzzy & blurry - but then I realized that I needed an HDMI to DVI converter cable. Now the picture is sharp & clear - as good as my other monitor (ViewSonic). Get the HDMI cable here:

http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-HDMI-Adapter-Cable-Meters/dp/B001TH7T2U/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1372661456&sr=1-3&keywords=hdmi+to+vga+adapter

This TV is one of the best that I have owned. I have not tried it as a monitor. The picture is excellent and the sound is the best. If you are in need of a small TV with a good sound system, this is it. Many small TVs skimp on sound. This one does not. I have it in a very large room and often just listen to the news from twenty feet away. Perfect listening, even in a large room.

What kind of cable would I need to hook my sons ps3 to this? Thanks in advance!

I got this as a monitor the last time it was on WOOT. With some fiddling the picture quality is great, and the sound knocks your socks off.

Looks like you could use either component or HDMI from a PS3. Although, as the image of the back of the TV says, Component is merely “better” (than composite), but HDMI is best.

Just don’t go buy a $40 HDMI cable from Best Buy. Pick one up for $5 or so from Amazon, Monoprice, or anywhere else offering a fair price.

I also bought one of these last time. I think the picture looks just fine with HDMI from a roku3.

I also use it as a monitor when I work on friend’s PCs. I use a dvi to hdmi cable and it looks OKAY. Not as good as an actual monitor, but good enough for gaming.

The only drawback is the terrible stand. Happily it has a 100x100 Vesa mount on the back. Bought a monoprice desk mount and now its perfect.

So what is the final consensus of using this as a monitor though an HDMI cable?

I bought one last time to put in my garage. After adjusting it, the color is good, picture is crisp, but it does have some “jaggies” I can’t get rid of in some dark areas sometimes. Yes, I do have it hooked up to a Dish Network Joey with HDMI. For the money, its fine, I’m ordering another one for my Dad now.

For comparison here is a NEW TV.

Insignia 24" 1080p LED-Backlit LCD HDTV for $140 + free shipping
As one of its daily deals, Best Buy offers the Insignia 24" 1080p LED-Backlit LCD HD Television, model no. NS-24E400NA14, for $139.99 with free shipping. That’s tied with our mention from last month as the lowest total price we’ve seen for any Insignia 24" 1080p LED HDTV. It features a 1920x1080 (1080p) resolution, USB, and three HDMI inputs. Deal ends today.

Has anyone verified the refresh rate on this? Looking at using it for a gaming monitor, but the manufacturer-supplied specs aren’t always super accurate.

HDMI:

http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-High-Speed-HDMI-Cable-Meters/dp/B003L1ZYYM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372693339&sr=8-1&keywords=amazon+hdmi+cable