VIZIO 25” 2.1 Sound Stand

Does this transmit bluetooth as well a receive?

Thanks everyone for the detailed reviews! Had been thinking about a soundbar for months now, decided to spring for this. I don’t need surround sound, just better than what my TV speakers have, and based on your reviews I am excited for my new sound stand!

I was wondering the same and checked the manual:

Page 16-17, seems to me receiver only

From the manual (and specs):

Important: The Sound Stand is designed to hold TVs up to 55” in size with a weight of up to 60lbs. The TV base should not be larger than 12.5” by 14”.

Would this work with an apple tv/apple tv remote? I don’t want to have to deal with a separate remote to control the volume.

Looks to me like you’re correct. :frowning: Thanks!

I would guess yes; the Apple TV controls the input sound level to the TV, so what the TV sends to the sound bar would be controlled also.

That would be a tiny base for a 55" television. Mine is a 55" Samsung TV and the base is 22"x9" and that base seems to be a little small for the TV. Guess I would have to look to place it elsehwere.

I’m holding out for a good 5.1 soundbar/subwoofer system, preferably with wireless sub.

Wow - got my shipping notification - this is going to be delivered tomorrow already! Obviously there’s been a mistake!!! :slight_smile:

how does this compare to my Bose Solo 15?

You may want to look into the Zvox AccuVoice TV Speaker (which Amazon sells). Much more expensive than this sound bar, but it does come with a money-back guarantee.

NICE! Mine says it hasn’t shipped yet, and won’t be here for another week. :frowning:

Just got shipping notification on mine! says Monday, so a little jealous of the other ‘slightly more lucky’ people.
hoping it works ok with my tv, if not i think this might be a pretty good computer speaker for the 25" monitor. only using headphones now for the computer.

Edit 3-14-2017
Absolutley stunned by the sound that comes out of this thing. A 2" shelf that replaces a 2.1 system’s footprint, with bluetooth. Using the optical hookup is the way to go. Mine arrived in ‘new’ condition, really. Couldn’t tell it had been ‘refurbed’ or used in any way.
I’m not having any of the ‘buzzing’ issues others have stated, but it could be I’m just not turning it up loud enough?

Mine indicates it won’t arrive until 3/17 but the tracking info states it’s already been delivered.

Got mine yesterday. Holy crap that’s quick. I can’t help but have this image in my mind of the Woot monkeys pushing a container of these off the back of a flatbed trailer and then scurrying like mad to get them shipped to us before the federales close in…
Thanks guys!

Mine came today. Opened the box, took it out…wha wha wha… No cables at all. No power cable, toslink, rca, no remote, nothing other than the unit itself, which is in pristine condition. Hopefully they can send me the accessories.

UPDATE: They sent me another unit. WOW. This thing is GREAT! Glad I was able to get one.

Contact VIZIO as they will have the parts to send you.

If they’re unable to help, please use the Customer Service form for assistance.

I’m sorry about this. :frowning:

The soundbar sounds GREAT for what it is. Unfortunately, it works when it wants to. Quite frustrating to get a lemon… :frowning:

Hi there. Sorry for the problem with the sound stand.

You can contact VIZIO to see if they can help troubleshoot it.

If that doesn’t work out, please use the Customer Service form for assistance.