Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV

http://www.wooters.us/images/wooters-logo-tiny.png?wootsux Woot Info Post
wooters.us is your mom.

Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV [Refurbished] - $289.99 + $5 shipping shipping

1 * Vizio E320VL 720p 32” LCD HDTV w/ 2 HDMI, SRS TruSurroundHD & Digital Ambient Light Sensor

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.

Product Website

About $70 more for a new one at Target.

cnet review

Retrevo

youreviewelectronics

Tiger Direct
Amazon
HP Home

BTW, if you want a SquareTrade warranty for this TV, you can get one at 20% off with code AUTUMN. It was 30% off up until today (expired 23:59 PT October 26th). That would make the warranty only $27.29 instead of $38.99.

Yea, I guess it’ll play my movies and games and stuff at a reasonable resolution. But will it blend?

Previous Woot

another Previous Woot

froogly

I don’t think the image on the TV was sharpened enough. Pop open Photoshop and give it a good Unsharp-mask or two. Tha’ll really sell this TV!

I’ve had this TV for 3 yrs. Paid $600 at Costco. It’s been flawless. I’d buy another one in a heartbeat if I was in the market, especially at this price.

Story Time, with SkaMan:

Let me tell you from first hand experience that i am going through right now :slight_smile:

A friend of mine was having issues with his Vizio 42" LCD TV (which is basicly this tv, just larger) and was going to throw it away. I snagged it up and wanted to fix it for a cheap tv. When i turned it on, i got vertical lines from bottom to top that slowly stream up when the tv.

ive done a TON of googling over the last week about the topic of repair on these Vizio tvs…

the Vizio 32" and 42" TV’s are junk :slight_smile:
when the ‘picture’ goes bad and you wanna try to fix it yourself…

1. make sure you have 2 TV’s that use the same parts, one that fully works, so you can switch/test hardware to narrow down the problem

2. parts arent hard to find, but testing them requires some electronics background and possibly needing to test capacitors (this requires more than a multimeter)

3. I am fully capable of fixing this TV, but its more hassle to narrow down the issue with the driver boards, the ‘mainboard’ and PSU than its worth investing the time. It would be a cheap fix, but testing everything would take a couple days diagnosis and extra tools more people dont normally have (let alone, have the knowledge on how-to do it without discharging a cap into their arm…lol)

4. MORE PEOPLE have had issues with VIZIO 32 + 42" LCD TVS

BUYER BEWARE

Cheers!

Note that those are for similar, but not identical models. The current Woot is for model E320VL; the 2 previous offerings were for the VX32L and the VO32L. There are different product pages at Vizio for each of the 3.

There are also several differences between the models. One noticeable one is the weight (with stand) - 21.83 lbs for the current offering, but 32 lbs and 27.6 lbs for the others.

I’ve owned the VL320m, which seems to be identical to this set except the VL320m supports up to 1080p. It has been a great set, I’ve had no issues with it, and it is on a lot. HD signals look great on it, and sometimes watching it does make me say wow.
Also another thing is the energy star, when my set is off, it takes no power at all.

What about the 37" models? That’s the size I really want.

The BIG differece is the power consumption of this model. It uses less than 1/3 of the electricity than those previous models. This is an Energy Star 4.1 model.

And no way did anyone buy this model 3 years ago, it did not exist then.

Can someone with hands-on experience with this TV explain something to me?

In the Item Description it says,
“Native panel resolution: 1366 x 768 pixels” and then, a little later, it says,
“Computer support: 1920 x 1080”

My question is, what is the full-screen monitor resolution when using the RGB input? (I’m assuming that it’s 1366x768, and anything higher involves screen sliding / scrolling.)

Anyone tried to actually use this TV as a monitor for, say, Hulu Desktop, or Windows Media Center, or the like?

This coupon works, but with a 20% discount, $38.99 turns into $31.99, not $27.29. Thanks for the code, though.

Always liked the Vizio’s and never had an issue. Can’t really beat a refurb for under $300. Walmart has a new one for about $60 more

Everything you need to know about SRS TruSurround HD