Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV

Everything you need to know about the Digital Ambient Light Sensor

can you put usb with this bundle on tv and pick netflixs from computer

http://www.fixya.com/tags/vizio

one of MANY websites that show theres a ton of Vizio products that need to be fixed

I will never PAY for a Vizio now that ive done this much research on them… Ya get what you pay for and i wouldnt shop @ KMart for a cheaper Chinese ripoff; but would perfer to get a more trusted brand with better hardware installed (PSU’s on Vizio’s go out often, but like i mentioned before with needing multiple TV’s to test the hardware to fix yourself, its a big hassle and itll cost you almost the price of the TV just to get it fixed from a repair man).

sure itll be cheaper, but it may work exactly as its price shows…being cheap :slight_smile:

some people have no issues, LOTS have issues with the TV just popping/clicking itself off, then all these issues come up.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y208/DJ_Nikon/nwt/DSCF3576.jpg

Id assume that the highest setting for this is possibly a 75Hz signal @ 1080i, but for native and being a 32" yes, 720p @ 60Hz would be its native resolution and what you should expect.

Signal compatibility: 1080i, 720p, 480p, 480i
Refresh rate: 60Hz

Computer support: 1920 x 1080, 1024 x 768, 800 x 600, 640 x 480 via RGB/HDMI

hey look, there’s your direct answer there and it was found on the front page :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I mentioned the possibility of pushing out more than 60Hz, well when reading the mech-specs of the TV (not the manual) it shows that in some resolution sizes the TV can push out a higher refresh rate, but it depends on the source primarily.

Each tv does this too, but its something you gotta really dig around to gain the info on (not just Vizio’s).

Hope that helps

FWIW, Dell has a 32" Sharp Aquos 720p for $20 more w/ free shipping. Not to say that it’s better than the refurb Vizio - I don’t have any experience with either but looking for a new TV for my office.

Dell’s Daily Deal

Plug your computer in w/VGA
or if you have a video converting box ($20 at Walmart) you can plug RCA’s in as well. If you have HDMI outs on your videocard (comp/laptop) then that’d be the perfered method to gain the best resolution and colors.

PAY THE EXTRA $60 and buy this NEW with a badass warranty from Walmart incase it ever blows on you. Get it replaced VIA Walmarts pocket and have no worries about what i keep typing on this thread :wink:

the warranty would be worth it, Vizio will not fix them, and atleast Walmart will just grab it from you and hand you a new one no questions asked.

(when I say Vizio will not fix them, ive heard from people locally around me that Vizio and most repairmen choose not to fix these because of the hassle or simply they dont know how to fix them. The friend i got this tv from, his repair man (which Vizio recommended to him) said “nope its the mainboard, too expensive and difficult to replace, get a new tv” and thats why i have this one now to play with).

THIS IS THE BEST OPTION I’d consider for this TV

hands down
unless u know how to play with electronics or dont mind spending many hours trying to not fry your tv while self-fixing :slight_smile:

Here’s the manual.

The USB port is only for viewing pictures.

It will support an input of 1920x1080 (in fact, that’s the recommended input), but will scale it down so it fills the screen.

that just means it can support up to

just think native means whats most comfortable

it CAN do 1080, but its native setting is 720
most 32" are 720p anyways…

you know your desktop fan has 3 settings, it could have a 4th setting (non-native) if you gave it a lil more electricity…but that wouldnt be comfortable for the hardware to push itself like that (let alone all the time)

push this TV @ 1080 constantly
bet ya it will die quicker than leaving it at 720 :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I also advise caution-
I checked at fixya.com for this model and while there are bunches of broken Vizios, that model didn’t show up which isn’t a positive sign, because it means they have been failing during the warranty period. This implies that the sets still out there are either working or not out of warranty yet.
Seems to be failure prone enough for many sites to offer them as refurbs.
After our Walmart/Ilo experience, I’m suspicious of non-name brand sets offered by Wally.
I saw a post mentioning a capacitance meter but the parts (capacitors) that are prone to fail generally outlast the warranty but often not much longer.
If anyone out there cares, the caps that fail in power supplies are normally not the (physically) larger filter caps but those used in feed-back paths or filter low-level DC for or in that path. Typically, they range from 4.7-100uFd at voltages under 50VDC. Sometimes they will show bulging tops but the rest fail due to either poor electrolytic chemicals or seals that allow the part to dry out causing their losses to climb and capacitance value to decline.
When buying replacements, choose ‘low ESR’ or parts spec’d for ‘switching circuits.’ Standard grade electrolytic caps don’t like high (XXkHz) frequencies.

After the recycling fee and taxes, it would be about $125 more here in California. And that is WITHOUT shipping fees (store pickup).

I’ve had the V0320E since April, I think it’s a nice TV. I have a Roku player hooked up HDMI, DVD player, and a laptop through the VGA input.

The sound is okay, not bad. I don’t watch TV much but this is fine when I do.

I checked Consumer Reports’ Flat panel TVs Brand Reliability, Vizio is equal to Sony and LG, and actually better than Samsung.

Any tip’s for the laymans as to what connector one would need to connect say a Ge Force 8800 with two DVI outputs to the HDMI slot of the TV.

A monoprice.com link would be sweet, I am guessing this is not the proper cable - Monoprice High Speed HDMI Cable to DVI Adapter Cable 6ft - with Ferrite Cores Black - Monoprice.com

Actually, it looks good:

I would go for a DVI to HDMI cable, and not use an adapter at all. There are indeed some on the page you linked to. BTW, many 8800s came with an adapter.

Also note that your DVI-out does not transmit audio, so you’ll also need a separate audio cable (3.5mm to stereo RCA - there’s one at the top of the page you linked to).

What is with all the people talking about how you can get it at Walmart for $60 more and would be brand new. Also someone mentioned you would be able to bring it back to Walmart and swap it out for a brand new one too if you bought it from them.

I don’t know if everyone else’s Walmart is the same but I could buy this refurbished TV from here (save $60) and then take it back to Walmart with no receipt or box, for that matter, and get a brand new one off the shelf… how about THAT!? Ha.

Maybe you shouldn’t listen to me though, I also go to Menards to “rent” power tools and then bring them back after I am done. Tsk, Shame.

Maybe that was a one-day deal? Cuz on the dell site, the 32" Sharp is $449. I bought one of the Vizio for my mother-in-law…nothing but the best for her!!!

Anyone get any shipping confirmations yet?

I have not received any shipping conf. yet. Was wondering if anyone else has heard anything yet.

This is going into a dark place and won’t be used much, but still would like to have it someday? Before they sell for $199 reused…

It’s been a week woot! where my stuff? You watching the World Series on my TV!?! Huh?

Thank you
Woody