VIZIO 32" 720p LED Smart TV

Sorry maybe I should post this elsewhere…

manic monday

Count Chocula

This is only 720p, it will mean significant eyestrain and visible pixels if you put your face 12-16" from this device. 720p is 1280 across by 720 high. The viewable height is roughly 15.5". 720 pixes in 15.5" means 0.02 inches per pixel.

Compare that to the minotor in front of me, which is showing true 1080p at a much smaller form factor. The viewing height of my monitor is 11", and with 1080 rows of pixels that’s 0.01 inches per pixel (it’s actually a bit less than half, I rounded).

A real monitor, therefore, will be more than twice the pixel density of this one. Through even more math, we know that means more than 4x the pixels per square inch.

You can use this, but it will be a lower resolution than a real monitor displayed at a much bigger size. Everything will look blocky and dumb and you’ll be annoyed.

TVs are made for being seen from 12 feet away, monitors are made for 12 inches.

Of course, that doesn’t stop ME from using my overhead projector to give me a 100" monitor for my computer.

Moofi Monday

With this one you’d be limited to 1366x768. Meh.

got this previously. optical cord won’t fit into TV. called Vizeo and they said they couldn’t help because woot not authorized reseller. not worth paying postage to return to woot. picture not as good as my cheap Westinghouse 32" LCD. wouldn’t recommend refurbed on woot.

MGo Monday

Sauron

Sandra Bullock Monday

Does anyone know the return policies on this? For example, if the TV I get is DOA?

[Monday] Monday

Can’t trust that day.

Mon Dieu! Monday

Don’t know about using it for a monitor, but got this during last Woot offering and its the best TV weve ever owned. Clearest pic, quickest wireless connection to netflix/pandora/Youtube. 720P is no handicap at all when 32" screen is involved. Would buy it again in a heartbeat, if we needed another bedroom TV.

Brinsley Schwarz Monday

Alright! I’m caught up with all the woot-libs. You got this one.

The Woot FAQ answers this pretty well. Be sure to read the next section as well.

Tylenol Monday