Vizio 37” 1080p LCD HDTV

SAVE THE BOX IT COMES IN. I THREW MINE AWAY TOO SOON. IT WAS A BEAR TO REPACK. ALSO, FREIGHT BACK TO CARROLLTON, TX FROM NC WAS
$125.00. BUY LOCALLY.

I have this TV. I cannot get it to negotiate HDCP with my Xbox 360. It works fine with all my other devices, though. YMMV.

Pretty good deal but only 60HZ refresh rate isnt the best but for the price hard to pass up

does anyone know what the demensions of unit are? I have a cabinet I want to put this in.

60hz is fine for movies. 120hz makes movies look unnatural.

Is it a deal killer for gaming only? Or if I was gonna use this for Hulu, Excel, Web Browsing and Email?

dang. woot picked a pretty spot-on avatar for me, before my haircut this past tuesday!

Even if you don’t like the unnatural smoothness, the real utility of 120 Hz is that it’s the lowest common denominator of 24 and 30.

From the item page:

Dimensions with Stand: 36.13"W x 25.23"H x 8.28"D
Dimensions without Stand: 36.13"W x 23.64"H x 3.67"D

You may have a similar TV but it’s not the same as this one if you’ve had it for 3.5 years. I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure this (E370VL) is the 2010 model. If you bought your TV in 2007 you probably have a VX37L or a VW37L.

Here’s the manual

Without stand: 36.13 Wide 23.64 High 3.67 Deep
More dimensions if you scroll down main page after photos.

I’m in for one. Stepping into the late 1990’s. Second to last step in fazing out the CRTs.

After this, assuming the referb is OK, there will only be one tube left in the house.

There can be only one.

I have had the 120hz version of this 37" Vizio for a year and a half and love it. It is the best under $1,000 TV I have seen. Even those with Sony’s etc. are amazed at how clear the picture is. I think they are all suckers, you get way more, for way less with Vizio. I even got a Vizio Blu-Ray player with mine for free! I went out 6 months ago and bought a 26" Vizio and Vizio Blu-Ray for my upstairs spare room. All 4 were less than what a friend paid for a 42" Samsung 60hz that is no better. As I said earlier: suckers!

Amazon review mentions a low hum through speakers at all times, even on mute. Anybody know if this is common or just some bad models?

Is there an option to turn off the lighted logo on the front? It always bugged me on a family member’s vizio.

Thanks in advance.

consumerreports.org

“Had a hum from the day it was purchased. Attempted Vizio troubleshooting steps but hum remained. Called support and had tech come out. He replaced the AV board and hum no longer exists.”

Googling “Vizio E370VL hum” does reveal a few complaints.

And:

Vizio support page

“The back-lit Vizio logo stays on even when the TV is off. (Come on, Vizio!)”

“If I had ONE complaint it would be that the VIZIO logo/power-on indicator is placed right under the screen… and is rather large and bright, which distracts my eye while watching the set. So much so i had to place a piece of black electricians tape across it to block the light. Grrr!”

Bought one of these when Woot had them in November. Bought a warranty just in case, but has been working great & I’ve had no issues with it. Can’t beat that price (even with a warranty)!

Edit: If anyone has any issues with the sound on the TV (specifically the volume differences between different channels) make sure to turn SRS TruSurround HD and SRS TruVolume off from the menu.

After market product, same as I use on my check engine light, black electrical tape.LOL

I agree with Tdavis81. 37 inch is not enough for me too. I absolutely prefer a VIZIO SV470 instead.

There aren’t any 37" TVs cheaper on Amazon. I’ll sleep on it.