Vizio 37” 1080p LCD HDTV

Sorry you’ve never owned a 120 Hz TV. I have 2 Samsungs both 32" and one is 60 Hz and the other is 120 Hz. The difference is quite noticeable.

Well hell, I just bought one. I was more concerned with the 1080 then the 60 Hz or whatever it’s called. I am a woman and electronically challenged but couldn’t pass up this deal. My son has a 1080 Samsung 32 inch top of the line and does alot of gaming and watching DVD’s. But it’s only a 32 inch but he loves Samsung. So I will let him pick which one he wants. Either way I think you can’t beat the price and my girls room still have the old tv type flat screen so somebody is getting a new TV. Not Mama!

No web apps? Pass.

i’m deciding between this woot and this deal i found on sonystyle.com.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666081157

any suggestions? (sorry i’m an amateur at this, dont know how to post direct link)

It absolutely is. Distinguishing 1080 from 720 has as much to do with distance from the TV as it does with screen size.

I bought this same TV from Woot in November. It was $20 more at the time, and was the best price for this set at the time. I use it as my computer monitor and for my Blu-ray enjoyment. It’s the perfect size for my needs.

I found that on my LG 55" 120 Hz LCD that when I turn on the 120 Hz smoothing feature, it actually introduced artifacts. I end up watching at 60 Hz anyways, so I agree that it’s not such a big deal. I’m in for one of these for the bedroom.

+1 Awesome posts in my book

I’m partial to Sony, my main two TVs are Sony currently. They make good products.

But there is a lot more that goes into it than that, and i’m not going to even try and compare them.

I am serious, I used to have a job drying off wet TV’s.

Quality Post!

I have the 42" 120hz version of this television and REALLY like it. I don’t think you can beat Vizio sets at “bang for the buck”.

Well I bought one and I hope I like it. I have been looking for a inexpensive 37" Visio for my livingroom that fits my pauper budget.

It has to be an upgrade from my 27" Sony Trinitron CRT even at 60Hz refresh rate!

60Hz vs 120Hz is noticeable, but that doesn’t make 120 better. Maybe for watching football or the ilk, but when you’re watching a movie that smooth creaminess that it creates is ugly. It’s not how you would see it in a theater, and it’s not how it was designed when it was shot.

you are incorrect.

//end of discussion

I’m still using a 15 year old CRT - I could really use this one. If only Woot would take payments :frowning:

has anyone been burned by buying a refurbished tv from woot? I have never bought a refurbished item and I’m a little nervous especially since it will be a gift for the hubby.

has anyone been burned by buying a refurbished tv from woot? I have never bought a refurbished item and I’m a little nervous especially since it will be a gift for the hubby.

That’s nice. So you’ve got two TV’s by the same manufacturer, when were they made? What type of panel is in them? What’s the difference in contract ratios? There’s alot more that goes into a TV’s picture than the refresh rate and resolution…

Agreed. My buddy dropped quite a bit of coin in a 55" Samsung LED a few years ago and couldn’t stand watching anything in 60Hz. So many people rush out to buy a TV because it has that “120 Hz” label on the box and then discover they hate it while others love it, alot of that has to do with what you’re watching. To each their own.

I agree, I think 120 hz looks really weird for normal tv viewing. But I THINK all or most with 120 hz have the option to switch to 60.