VIZIO 39" 1080p LED HDTV

Hey look, a Previous Sale
Happy Buyers

Lots of good reviews (4.1 out of 5.0) over at walmart.com

i just bought this tv during the woot-off for exactly the same price. My purchase seems less special and a bit irresponsibly hasty, now that it is up again. :frowning:

This almost feels like Inception for me.

I own this TV, and am currently using it as my computer monitor.

It’s really really good for what I wanted it for, plus I don’t have to feel the intense heat off of it when I’m at the computer for too long.

In short- $298 is an absolute steal for this thing; if you’re in the market for a budget 1080p TV, this is definitely one to look at.

I see it still has the negative weight stand that it had in the woot-off. Probably worth the money for that scientific marvel alone.

I agree with your comments on weight. Wondered if I should be sleeping instead of Wooting. You saved my sanity! :slight_smile:

I’ve been using it as a PC monitor also. It seems to be overemphasizing green and a bit of blue when I look at a color spectrum. Same specturm looks great on the USB picture viewer for the TV. Not sure if there is something wrong with the HDMI or if this is how they are made.

Otherwise happy with the image quality.

Limit 1 per person?
But I need 50 so I can use the stands to fly!

Does this come with a manufacturers warranty, or just the 90-day woot guarantee?

It is a Woot warranty, which means that you would have to ship it back to Woot at your expense for warranty work.

It’s $360 new at Costco, with free shipping, and Costco’s customer service.

I’ve got a Vizio I bought @ Secondipity - three years in and it’s splendid.

We bought this TV for Xmas in Dec, 2012 and have been very happy with it. We chose this model, because of it’s slim bezel–it was the only one below $800 that would fit into our existing TV stand/armoir. The 39" size is roughly equivalent to the picture height of a 32" SD (4:3) picture.

The image quality is excellent, although you’ll really need to calibrate it. Here’s a link to the settings I use based on the AVS Forum test files:
http://bit.ly/ZTLg32

Some caveats:

[list]
[]I find the viewable angle a little narrow; the picture is amazing straight on and when viewed from our couch, but looks a little washed out when standing or sitting off to the side
[
]You really need to turn-off all the automatic functions (noise reduction, ambient light sensor, backlight control, etc.) or you’ll wind up with a very washed-out image–try the settings I’ve provided in the link above first
[*]We had an issue with our first unit with a bright spot appearing in the middle of the screen (about 1-3" in diameter). It was mostly noticeable during dark scenes and appeared as a sort of glow. We contacted Amazon and they drop-shipped a replacement overnight and exchanged it; no problems since.[/list]

It really is a great set, especially for this price. We paid around $390 at Christmas, so $280 is a steal.

Please I want to buy this tv for my mum.My problem is she is in Ghana west Africa can it be used in Africa Ghana to be specific…Thank you

How are the speakers? Will I absolutely need to use the output?

@sdbcmr, funny you mention Costco - many of these are probably Costco/SAMs returns! That doesn’t mean they’re bad - club shoppers can be fickle and get buyer’s remorse…

and Costco doesn’t price protect manufacturer sales (instant rebates) so when the price drops after you buy (within 90 days for TVs of course) you are forced to return a perfectly good TV/DVD player/camera/toaster oven/whatever and re-buy the same item at the new lower price.

Seems silly but that’s what happens and unlike SAMs putting on those orange tags and reselling, Costco simply returns it to the manufacturer.

Seems like a decent price for an almost 40 inch display.

For those worrying about it being 60Hz rather than 120Hz, you won’t get near this price for a 120 Hz TV.

In any case, if you’re continuing to nurse an old 32/35 inch tube TV this picture will blow it away.

If you want to use it as a computer monitor, you need an HDMI connector on your PC - or an adapter to DVI or VGA. (Not hard to find on NewEgg.)

39"? Did they lop off an inch when they refurbushed it?

It’s fixed. I expect you to buy one now.

I guess you don’t think this “won’t get near this price”! 1080P LED 42" and 120Hz for only $15 more than the $185 total you pay for this Vizio.

newegg offers the refurbished SIGMAC 42" 120Hz 1080p LED-Backlit LCD HD Television, model no. LE42AB1, for $299.99 with free shipping. That’s the lowest total price we’ve seen for any 42" LED LCD 120Hz HDTV without rebate hassles. Features include a 1920x1080 (1080p) native resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, LED backlight, USB, three HDMI inputs, and more.

EDIT
Here is a link for the uninformed to reviews from Costco customers where Sigmac has an average rating of 5 stars.
Here is another link to disprove the inaccurate remarks about 120Hz prices.
For in-store pickup only, with stock varying by location, MicroCenter offers the Westinghouse 40" 120Hz 1080p LED-Backlit LCD HD Television, model no. UW40T2BW, for $299.99. That’s tied with our mention from a week ago and tied with our January mention as the best price we’ve seen for this model. (It’s a current low by $59.) Features include a native resolution of 1920x1080 (1080p), 120Hz refresh rate, two HDMI inputs, and a USB port.