VIZIO 42" 5.1 BT Sound Bar w/ Wireless Sub

I bought one of these at $199.00 factory reconditioned from woot! About 2 years ago and it has been one of the best audio investments I’ve ever made. The key, I think, is to buy with realistic expectations in mind. This isn’t better than a receiver and a 5.1 set up. It does provide fantastic audio for the most part, though, and if sourced properly, gives true 5.1 channel audio. Most people cite this version of Vizio’s sound bars as being the best as it has dedicated tweeters where the newer versions only use full range drivers. Anyway, if you have the right application for this, and the room for it, it’s an awesome value with fantastic sound.

As you have one of these units, can you tell me if the Sub can be wired, or is it strictly Bluetooth?

I bought one of these last time around as well, and can recommend it. It gives decent sound, it’s bloody loud if you want that, and the BT subwoofer & back speakers are awesome if you don’t want to be bothered running cable.

I own one of these too. As far as I know, the sub cannot be wired, but the wireless connectivity never gives me problems. The major thing that I dislike about this system is it has a channel-change fade in feature, meaning when you change the channel (or in the annoying case of a movie having gaps of silence), it “fades” the audio back in every time and you miss a word or two. I haven’t been able to find a fix for this thus far. Overall, the system sounds amazing and I can’t complain much about it.

Yeah, like the other woot!er mentioned, it cant be wired, it’s strictly wireless. For what it is (6.5" driver) it actually puts out decent bass. The sub I have hits hard enough that you know it’s there without being overly boomy or muddy. I haven’t experienced the input fade like he mentioned, though. I’ll tell you this much, though, if I could convince my wife that we needed another one, I’d buy this in a heartbeat. Arrived well packaged and with literally everything you would need (wires and all). Back surrounds are wired to the sub and connected by an RCA jack. They probably have a span of 13ft to each surround.

I purchased one of these for I believe $180 NEW from Best Buy just a few months ago sometime before Christmas. GREAT product, and so much easier than running ugly speaker wire from a receiver all the way to the back of the room. They really do sound great for the money in my opinion. Keep in mind, if you are running the audio from all of your devices into your TV first (Gaming system, Cable Box, Blu Ray player, ect), then using the audio output from your TV to go into the sound bar, the audio signal will likely be downgraded in the process. In other words, you wont be getting the “TRUE” 5.1 surround if you do it this way. It will still simulate surround and most people probably wouldnt know the difference as there will still be sound coming from the rear speakers at times. However, if you want to get the true Dolby / DTS 5.1 experience I would recommend connecting the audio DIRECTLY from the device into the Sound bar.