VIZIO 42" or 47" 1080p LCD HDTV

DON’T BUY IT. I’M STILL WAITING FOR A TV I PAID FOR MORE THAN TWO MONTHS AGO FROM WOOT.

Vizio sponsors the Rose Bowl. How could this TV be bad? !!!

Why such the long delay? I was all fired up to pull the trigger on this unit until I read your post.
Do TVs normally take this long to ship from WOOT?

Square trade deal?

47" was 499 new in Walmart last November, I don’t see this as a good deal since it isn’t even new.

I own a 42" 1080p, 240hz 3D LCD/Edge Lit LED Vizio and a 1080p 120hz LED Samsung. The Vizio was purchased last year from Sam’s Club and the Samsung this year from Buydig.com. I can honestly say, that in watching both on blu-ray players, the Vizio has a better overall picture. I think the menu of the Samsung is much better, but in my unprofessional opinion, provides a better picture was a better purchase. The Vizio was cheaper as well.

I meant to say that the Vizio provides a better overall picture.

Trust,e when you get your Vizio home and set your profile. You will never go back. I believe in the product so much that I own 4 Vizio’s. 47-65 .am aiming at the 70 inche next. I think I got my 47 from woot.

How much of a difference does 60 v. 120 Hz make in a 42 inch tv? I am thinking of getting this for the basement where my boys play on the wii and I send my wife when she wants to watch English period pieces.

Guys I don’t know what happen with you all I bought a tv from woot and got it in about a week may 10 days.

From CNet . . .

Difference between 60 and 120 is supposed to be noticable.

I guess it depends where you live, here in Ct. it was $569. + tax which put it over $600.

On Square Trade’s website, it looks like you can only purchase warranties on TVs purchased “new.” Arrgh . . . this is absolutely the model I want (after lots of research and review-scouring, I was originally going to get the 42" version of the 3D model from CostCo), definitely would’ve pulled the trigger on the 47" if a longer warranty was available. Who knows – I’m hesitant, but I might still go for it.

Also, for anyone looking at the Amazon reviews for the 3D series, note that Amazon groups the reviews for the 32", 42", and 47" together. Most of the lackluster reviews were in regards to the 32" model (which only has a 60 refresh rate). So Vizio + 60 refresh rate may not exactly be a match made in heaven.

I watched a couple side by side and the 120 was easier to see when a flying ball, or car was racing by, compared to the 60 hz. The difference between the 120 and 240 was barely noticable.

I own 2 Vizio TVs - a 32" LED w/wifi and a smaller 22" - both LED, both 1080p. The 32" has been great on all counts - my only complaint on the small TV is the poor sound quality of the built-in speakers.

I have owned the 42" VX model in 3D, up from the non 3D VO model being sold here, for over 3 years. I had the power supply go out on it after about a year. I fixed it myself with just a new replacement power supply. It cost me $40. I would bet most of these repacks had the same problem. If you don’t know how to fix electronics, I would advise some sort of warranty.

Correct. Black Friday is NOT when tv prices drop the lowest, in general. There have been Consumer Reports studies, or something, I don’t feel like looking it up. Individual deals may vary, though.

I favor Samsung, in large part because I personally prefer the glossy (glass-covered) screens instead of the more matte-pixel screens of many others (Sony, etc.). Samsung is generally top-notch quality, but Vizio is close and probably a better value. For me, primary tv = Samsung, but secondary = Vizio.

For the love of Xenu, what is that screencap from? My first thought was Kingdom of Heaven, but I don’t think so.

My Samsung is years better than the Vizio…BUT the Vizio is an excellent buy for the money. The problem with the Visio (and everyone says this about thin TVs) is the atrocious sound. BUT the Vizio sound is REALLY atrocious - so much so that I had to buy a sound bar (and I really have a tin ear). But the picture is very good to excellent - it’s just not a Samsung (or the price of a Samsung).

Just so you all get it right, the 42" sold here is not a 3D, only the 47" is. Also these use Passive glasses which won’t give you flicker problems and which sometimes get people seasick or give headaches. Also, adjusted correctly, these VX series Vizios give some of the best pictures out there with excellent contrast and sharpness. Can’t beat them unless you pay way more. I have 2 currently and have sold off my older Vizios and they are still going fine.

Stupid question, can I use it as only a 2D tv? I dont really need a 3D tv but I cant find it stated anywhere that I can use it as a 2D…

One review on Amazon mentioned needing 3D to 2D glasses. Considering Im already bespectacled I dont want to have to wear 2 sets of glasses…