VIZIO 47" 1080p LED Smart TV with Wi-Fi

no. It’s free for 6 months, then it’s 50% off.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/student/signup/info/ref=lp_student

Hey -

Does anyone know if there is a DLNA app on this television? Something similar to Samsung’s “All Share” DLNA compliant viewer?

Thanks

No, but it’s a heck of a lot easier to return it for refund or exchange for me at a local store than shipping, and the odds are better that if the shipping damaged the televsions, that the store is going to pick them out before selling it to someone.

Don’t get what you’re saying ‘No’ to? I’m on a Student Prime membership at 50% off now and I still don’t share my membership. Are you saying that you can share it?

Don’t get me wrong, I had family that used to belong to Costco, and I LIKE Costco. I just don’t have enough to buy there that I need to make up for a membership fee.

Furthermore, I’ve bought a ton of stuff from woot. My time is quite limited, I tend to drop things/am a klutz (it wasn’t pretty trying to carry my old non-HDTV out the door, so I don’t have good thoughts about returning a TV that was shipped to me, repack it, and carry it to the delivery place–returning it locally at least I can get help getting it out of the car at a Best Buy for example, and don’t have to repackage the TV), and I’m particular about televisions. I think it’s reasonable if you like Costco to get a membership and buy one there, and note that woot doesn’t typically delete those comparison product posts. On the other hand, I’ve bought other electronics on woot like a camera, phone, etc. without qualms.

I don’t mind when others post prices elsewhere (I did that last week, which was part of woot dropping the price on an item). It’s just my insecure pet peeve when people say it’s not a deal, but imply that a membership is worth getting a better deal.

Sorry, way too word, and have to go back to work. Happy wooting!

i doesn’t.

I literally just bought a LG refurb from woot last week. The packaging was in MINT condition and absolutely no damage had occurred. I am very happy with what I received. This looks like it would yield the same results. I say go for it

I ordered this because I’ve never had a problem with anything I’ve ordered from WOOT and I’ve not been burned on a refurbed item before, so I’ve started trusting them more. We just received the TV, set it up and turned it on and… ugh. Something’s happened during shipping. The screen is all black with some funky white lines and no picture. So now what? FAQ says call the manufacturer. Manufacturer put a slip in saying don’t call us, call the Refurb Warranty Center. RWC said, call the vendor. So I emailed WOOT via support page. I guess this will be the big test for WOOT to see if they will take care of the problem or not. I hope so. Obviously, if I’m buying refurbed tv’s, I don’t have the funds to own a $500 paper weight. I hope I didn’t just toss that $500 into the crapper. :frowning:

I’m sorry there was a problem with the TV you received. Emailing Woot Member Services was the best option. They can help with any available options. Please feel free to keep us updated!

Mine arrived today and so far, so good.

Couple of small setup tips:

Mine appeared to not need to run a firmware update right out of the box, but my last Visio from Woot required a firmware update to load Amazon Prime Instant Video. You may have to cycle the power once or twice after you get it synched with your wifi.

The DirecTV remote control codes on my Settings did not work. I fired up ye olde google machine and found a site that had more codes. 10178 worked, and again, so far so good.

Now if I could just get Woot to come pick up my 166 lbs 1080i Philips CRT/HDTV for $5… I’ll even dust it and call it “respiffified.”

Hey…it’s the 19th and mine still hasn’t shipped yet. Is it going UPS, FedEX or common carrier because of the size? What’s up

I’m seeing a tracking number on our end so you should have an email or be getting one soon. Be sure to check spam too.

In the meantime:

You can use FedEx’s “Track by Reference” feature to get tracking info using your order number. Your order number is on your order details which you can get via Stuff You Bought. Leave the Account Number blank. Enter your order number in the reference box. Next, select your country and enter your zip code. Click TRACK and voilà, you may have tracking info.

I am in the same boat as you. Mine started making noises a day after arrival and then would shut off by itself. I’m currently waiting to hear back from the refurb center and am probably going to be expected to pay the shipping fees which is unacceptable for something that large. I’ll wait to see what they say but I’ll probably be contacting woot support again.

So…I started my repair headaches today. I’m wondering if you have found a solution yet, since I am waiting on the Refurb place to reply to me. Just trying to see how easy or hard this process is going to be for me. Thanks

Any updates? I am waiting on the Refurb place to reply to me. Just trying to see how easy or hard this process is going to be for me. Thanks

My set seemed great for a week while I was just using it with an hdtv antenna for over the air channels in my new house. I got the Internet turned on yesterday and watched my first streamed Amazon Prime movie last night, but before the credits stopped rolling the TV turned off and wouldn’t turn on again. Checked different plugs on the surge protector, tried straight to the wall socket, then left unplugged all night - no change this morning, so filled out online claim with refurbed product support. Hopefully they will have something good to say, but even paying freight costs to them will still chip away at the “good deal factor” this had until last night. I’ve been a fan of refurbs for years and, of course, the biggest refurb buy turns out to be a dud with most out of pocket expense to fix (if they RMA me, which they denied one previous poster). Fingers crossed.

So sorry. If you have problems getting support, email support@woot.com for some suggestions.