Is this a soundcast system? It is not clear by the description or specs.
The pictures make it look like the rear speakers plug into the sub, is that the case?
YMMV but I got this new from Costco for $150 about a month ago. Wasn’t listed on their site, only in the warehouse. Had to call too as our usual warehouse did not carry it.
@PurpleDido Looks the same as the one I have. Sub is wireless from the soundbar and the rear speakers plug into it directly. Saves you from having to run wires across the room.
@darkhonda if it’s the same as mine (which I’m 99.9% sure it is) then yes, it’s a soundcast system.
I have written below review for SB3651-E6, but this seems to be F6 version.
The difference I see is that F6 does not have chromecast abilities and F6 has DTS Virtual X.
One user claimed he was able to get chromecast to work but then sub started getting disconnected.
Product pdf :
I will give you a heads up to anyone who is going to buy. Listen to this carefully. Once you buy this there is no going back. You will be in a catch 22 situation. Because the pros and cons, mind you, both outweigh each other. When you think of returning it, you would feel bad you are going to miss the awesome sound. If you plan to keep it, you are going to be constantly frustrated by its issues. And again, just to save your time, don’t waste your time searching the web for solutions to the issues, there is no solution. Vizio has abandoned the support for this discontinued product.
Now let me get to the point.
- It has got connectivity options like Bluetooth, Chromecast, HDMI, HDMI ARC, SPDIF, Digital, Aux.
- 5.1 sound system with Front left, center, right, in 36 inch sound bar, Rear left, right surrounds and a subwoofer.
- Wireless subwoofer that connects to the rear surrounds. Subwoofer connects to bar via bluetooth.
- Remote with LCD, controls almost all settings.
- IOS/Android app connectivity via wifi/bluetooth.
- Model SB3651-E6
- Awesome sound, 101db and less than 1% harmonic distortion, means very good sound.
- Looks are good and sober. Complements the tv.
- More than enough connectivity options.
- Remote with display.
- Dolby and DTS compatible.
- Comes with almost all cables and mounts.
- Long cables.
- Old chrome cast version and due to some bug the rear surround stop playing when casting. Bluetooth streaming just works fine but you lose quality.
- Outdated firmware and no future support.
- Buggy and unreliable app.
- Requires you to restart the system often to fix the surrounds not playing. Very frustrating to some and many end up returning it. Reason you see so many re-certified units on sale.
- No back-light on remote display. Makes it difficult to use in dark.
- Pair it with echo if chrome cast is giving you issues.
- Do not try to waste time finding a solution to fix any problem, there is no solution.
- Add a smart switch to the sound bar so that you can remotely restart the system without manually having to do it.
- Just one HDMI arc cable and you are good to use it and control it with CEAC enabled TV.
- Unless you see subwoofer led blinking, the subwoofer has not lost connection with the sound bar. It is just a software bug which does not stream to woofer and surrounds. Just try to toggle inputs, it should work.
Thanks for the tips, it will save me a lot of headaches!
I received the speaker system yesterday and the sub woofer does not turn on when we turn on sound bar… Do anyone have the same problem?
Hello there. Sorry for the problems. It has a VIZIO warranty so you might reach out to them to see if they can help you troubleshoot the issue.
If you can’t figure it out and would like to return it, reach out to Woot! Customer Service.
From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.
In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.