VIZIO 65" 1080p 120Hz LED Smart TV

I have the 60 inch version (E601i-A3) and it is very nice! Great picture, fast internet apps, ultra-thin, narrow bezel, Great TV.

One of the really great items with this TV is the remote control, the back side has a mini qwerty keyboard which makes setting up your various accounts (Hulu, Amazon, Netflix, Pandora, YouTube, etc) and entering text information or searches VERY EASY!

First power up does take about 10-15 seconds before the picture shows up, so it is a little slow.

The Vizio Apps are limited, we use the Weather one a lot, set it up for the locations for my mom, dad and kids so when they call to ask about our cold weather in MN, I can bring up their local weather. Note: Apps pop up on the left side leaving the rest of the screen to view whatever program you are watching. Great for multitasking!

Highly recommended. If we hadn’t bought the 60 inch several months ago, I would get this 65 incher. Well now, we do need to replace the old 52 inch rear projection RCA in the family room . . . guess I need to have a talk with my wife . . .
:slight_smile:

saws-all

I totally agree. I bought the same 60" above after doing a fair amount of research and I’m very happy with it. You are right, it takes 10-15 sec to turn on- but that’s no big deal. I use Netflix, Amazon, and youtube and they work great. It has decent wireless connectivity- it will stream in Netflix in HD without stuttering at all. I paid $970 for the 60" at Sams (this was for the living room- wife would not let me go any bigger)- so I see this as a good deal. The advantage with Sams though is that you can take anything back to that store (even beyond warranty)- and they will give you full store credit on your purchase price.

I have the 47" smart tv and I must say the hulu app is total junk. I am not sure if the problem is across all of their smart TV’s, but it seems like the buffer for the hulu app is just to small. You can be in the middle of watching a movie or a show and it will just start to stutter, showing a second of movie + sound then pause for a second, doing this over and over. The only fix is to turn the TV off and turn it back on and start your movie from where you left off. It does not always happen, it seems to be random and when it does happen there is no recovering from it.

It only does it on hulu, so it is not my internet, as I also have a ROKU I use in another room and hulu works perfectly, as well as for my other brand smart TV the hulu app works flawlessly.

I use netflix + amazon and those work perfectly, also use iheartradio to fall asleep some nights. Little tip with iheartradio to get rid of the display. Open the app and start listening to a station, you will see a very bright white screen, press the VIZIO smart button to bring up the bottom list of smart apps, this will make the iheartradio screen disappear but the sound will continue to play. Next press the settings button to bring up the settings menu and press back to close it out, end result will be the app playing the station you selected with a black screen perfect for sleeping.

I have the 47" version of this ‘M’ set… a few points:

1. do not compare to ‘E’ sets, totally different specs
  2. 10-15 warm up time is accurate… and frustrating
  3. picture is lovely
  4. apps are ok, but not as nice as Roku
  5. Visio mfr. warranty is useless, ths Costco variant is much better
  6. this set is just f’n huge. You need a large room or you’ll go blind.

Per http://www.frys.com/search?cat=-68520&pType=pDisplay&fq=100029%2012-m10099998%20Sony, I’m not seeing what you’re referring to. Cheapest Sony 60" or larger at Fry’s is $1699, and that ships. Cheapest in-store only is $2298.

More silly bells and whistles do not make a smart TV. A smart TV would remember the adjustment you made to the sound level for a channel.

Sound level changes when I scan through channels is the most annoying failure of my current TV set.

yes, i have the 60" one too. got it for 799.99 at walmart last month. i am having issues with wireless connectivity. would you please let me know what router you are using? i couldn’t ever get my netgear n router to work with it. i have a d-link that works great sometimes, and other times not so great. Thanks!

Important question: Does anyone know who refurbished this TV? Was it the Vizio factory?

Is there any warranty with a refurb?

I realize that this is a refurbished item, but can someone please tell me what, if any, support Woot provides for any immediate problems, i.e. the thing shows up and doesn’t work? In my experience with electronics with no moving parts like this, 99% of the issues you’ll ever have are going to show up almost immediately, so I’m fine with a refurb with no warranty as long as I have some assurance the thing will show up in working order. I’ve never bought anything on here expensive enough to really worry about this but this is a grand, not to mention a shipping challenge.

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered. Don’t have time to read all the dozens of comments or search out Woot’s return policy this morning.

Thanks in advance.

If you look on the sale Detail page, you’ll see the warranty near the bottom (90 Day Woot). You also have the option to purchase a separate SquareTrade Warranty (see their banner below the warranty).

Thank you! I should have found that myself, and did just after posting. Doh.

I have purchased 2 refurbished Visio TVs from Woot, and love them both. Have had both for over a year. No problems whatsoever. Had a question about one of them, and found Visio Customer Service to be prompt and professional. Visio makes a great TV with excellent menu systems. The wireless Apps work very well. Can’t go wrong.

Be very careful here… I have one 37" Vizio that is excellent and on the strength of that got a 55" smart 3D Vizio which was a horror show. Be warned that Vizio DOES NOT stand behind their products and that goes triple if you bought it as a refurb. The only thing that saved me was I had purchased from Amazon and Amazon stood behind the sale and made good on it. Vizio will hang you out to dry.

I’ve been watching a 19 inch Sony trinitron set since 1975. Can this set really be any better?

It’s the “Major name brand” one in the weekly ad… Went to the store yesterday and saw it in person. It must be some deal with Sony where they don’t allow an online deal on it at all as you are correct, it’s not on sale online, only in store. Luckily I have one close by.

Bought a 55" version (refurbished) of this a year or so ago from Sam’s for $900.

The Good: Great Picture, good sound, High Contrast ratio, little glare, lots of control with the menu, thin, light, easy to mount, plenty of connections, I could go on…

The bad: The cool sliding keyboard remote broke after a year ($10 non keyboard replacement - no big deal), it freezes up and must restart occasionally (takes a few minutes, you’ll panic the 1st time), the app store is garbage, but Netflix, Hulu Plus and Amazon work (no HBOGO).

It would be great if some one would hack one of these so you can do more with the WIFI, but for a TV its Awesome! I am trying to convince myself I need another one!

Don’t really understand people crying about ‘smart’ features. Plenty of people buy cars and never use the turn signal. I don’t see people wondering if there is a version of their car that doesn’t have one…

I bought my parents the 60" smart television. It had issues shutting off at random times. One email to vizio got more than 5 star support on fixing the issue. (all that needed to be done was unplugging the tv and holding the power button for a few seconds afterwards)

That Olevia was a super deal for the time, I would have purchased it but the crazy weight stopped me. If I remember correctly, it weighed about 250 pounds. Way too heavy.