VIZIO HDTVs

Ordered 6/24… no love. Still awaiting shipping. :-/

TV arrived today… still didn’t receive an email regarding shipping or tracking. My recent orders still shows the TV as “awaiting shipping”.

My TV arrived today… completely shattered.

I noticed there was very little packing material in mine as well. :-/

Did it come USPS or what? I’m still waiting on mine. And I also show “Awaiting Shipping”

I’m contacting Vizio about my TV right now. There was a large dent in the top of the TV and the screen occasionally flickers. This was 10 min out of the box. Which yes, had very little packaging

My tv was broken too, and it shut off very often when I was watching movies…

Same thing happened to me. The bottom half of the tv is broken. The TV wont even power up either.

YIKES! Please let me apologize for the condition of your TVs. I’ve sent your names on to CS noting the issue.

Could you please email them directly (service@woot.com) as well to generate a trouble ticket in our system.

Thank you and again, apologies.

Got one of the tv’s i ordered today. It is not working. :frowning:

I’ve e-mailed service@woot and rma@woot on Saturday and I’ve yet to receive any type of confirmation e-mail or anything, is anyone reading this stuff?

After the woot-off and the technical snafu last week, they’ve been completely buried. Please to be a little patient for a little longer; they’re trying to give everybody the attention they deserve & it’s taking some extra time.

Thanks bunches, and I love you.

(In the meantime, feel free to call me names and make fun of my mom if it helps. I understand.)

Trust me, Woot will respond to you as soon as they can. They have been fantastic so far on the return of my TV. Great service!

Still waiting. :frowning:

Scheduled for July 6th, but it’s SmartPost, so who really knows. Best part is tracking shows its been just sitting in Kansas city for 3 full days. WTF! I was so happy on the redesigned woot site when I saw the new shipping options, but they weren’t available on this deal, or believe me, I would have gladly paid the extra…

Please just let it show up intact :confused:

Mine has been working, I did notice there are two slight scratches on the screen though, and there is a weird like leak scratch in the middle of the screen that can only be seen when the screen is black or when looking at it head on. I’m trying to decide if it’s worth it to contact anyone about it, I did pay $580…

Just received the second tv I ordered a day earlier than tracking said. It works! The broken one is being sent back to woot for a refund. To bad no replacement is available for it, because I doubt I’ll be able to find it again at that price.

Just got mine in LA tonight… 42" E421VO. Turned it on set it up, watched for like 15 minutes, turned it off, turned it back on, and now it’s stuck on the Vizio screen! So disappointing

The tracking shows it was updated today and the ETA is still 07/06.

Please feel free to email us if you have any issues with your TV.

Will do. Thanks for the update! Hopefully no problems, fingers crossed!