Vizio LED HDTV's

**Item: **Vizio LED HDTV’s
Price: $129.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: Refurbished

[Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Vizio LED HDTV’s)

[Search Google](Google LED HDTV’s)

good reviews on the new 50" model at Best Buy

They hid a 720p in there! Sneaky!

thanks for pointing that out.

Solid reviews (4.1 out of 5.0) on the 29" model over at amazon

Can you attach the 50’ TV to a wall using a wall mount bracket? Or can you only set it down somewhere using that plastic bracket that’s attached to the bottom back of the screen?

Some additional information on the 29" can be found on the product page

Solid reviews (4.1 out of 5.0) on the 24" over at amazon

Some additional info can be found on the 24’ model over at the product page

You can attach the 50" to a wall mount. It uses a standard 400 x 400mm VESA pattern.

Refurb electronics are usually a good deal as the factory goes thru them, tests them and makes sure they work right before shipping them out.

I bought a Vizio SV420XVT1A Refurbed 42" 120Hz LCD TV over 4 years ago and it’s still going strong. The picture on it looks better than many of my friend’s new LED TV’s.

My iPhone was a refurb and still works great although I switched to an Android based LG phone last year.

Even the Refurbed Sansa MP3 players I bought here on Woot years ago still work fine.

Someday, I’ll have to buy another TV and it will most likely be a Refurbed here on Woot, but will cost far less than what I paid 4 years ago.

Refurbs are a great way to save money, and in all my years of buying them (probably more from Woot than anywhere else), the only item I’ve ever had a problem with was an Android tab I bought early this year that bricked after 9 months of heavy use. Learned my lesson on that one: When you buy a tablet, get a new one with a warranty, especially now that new ones are as cheap as that refurb.

But otherwise, what’s the beef? If you want new, and below MSRP, shop the mothership.

When I do buy a flatscreen (waiting for the ol’ tube set to die before I can justify the expense), I’ll be happy to take a 720p.

To me, 1080p is too much detail. When I watch movies and shows on 1080p TVs, everything LOOKS like a soundstage, and every little wiggle in the camera movement becomes obvious. Tracking shots are ruined by 1080p, because you can ALWAYS see a little jiggle. And the images are so crisp, it no longer looks like a world into which you’re transported, but rather like a bunch of actors standing under bright lights being filmed.

Even parts of huge-budget movies look cheap. Watched “Titanic” at the in-laws recently, and the breakfast scene in which Billy Zane blows his top at Kate Winslet, which is supposed to be taking place on their suite’s private balcony, just SCREAMED “soundstage” in 1080p. Took me right out of the story.

Just for comparison, I watched that scene on a 720p TV at a friends house the next week, and it looked every bit as good as it did on the big screen.

/end rant

More likely, the 1080 TV’s you’re watching aren’t set up properly. If 1080p is too much detail, then you must hate movie theaters — they’ve been projecting 1080p for years, and now are switching to 4K.

Why on earth is the 24" higher resolution than the 29" ??

Would the 24" work well for directv viewing and playing xbox 360 games in a small bedroom?

Thanks

Reviews from CostCo for the 39" version:

http://www.costco.com/VIZIO-39"-Class-1080p-LED-TV-E390-A1.product.100015048.html#BVRRWidgetID

The overall score seems positive, though the two voted most helpful reviews complained about darkness of the screen and the “tiny sound”.

Exactly what I was wondering.

I have two of the 24 inch Vizios. The picture is great. The sound is what really surprised me. I have one in the bedroom and the other in a 30’ X 30’ space. My idea for that one was to use it for watching the news while I cooked in the kitchen. I have it on a wall at the farthest distance from the kitchen area and the sound is perfect.

Some of the smaller TVs have a tinny sound. Not this one. You can crank up the sound for music as well and it will sound great. These are great TVs. I used an HD antenna until cable was installed. The picture and sound was perfect.