Vizio LED HDTV's

Probably not like you’re thinking. The FAQ is a good place to start. And welcome.

Besides the reasons given earlier by Wooters, here’s an explanation of refurbished/recertified written by a former staffer that may help.

Anyone have any experience with using the 24" as a primary computer monitor?

Thanks

Did any one else buy the 29" at the Woot-Off a couple of days ago for $20 more than this? I think the same model or does the B after E291-A1 mean something? A shame if paid more 2 days earlier, but hey the rush of a Woot-Off may be worth $20.

[MOD: The one in the Woot-Off was Factory Reconditioned]

Hey Thunderthi… Thanks for being active here and answering so many questions for people.

You’re welcome. Glad to help where I can. :slight_smile:

Just to clarify…the soap opera effect is an effect created when the “interpolate frame” option is turned on. It’s not at all inherent in 1080p or anything like that. It’s a total post processing effect that brands market as “TruMotion” or “CinemaView” or some other nonsensical name.

Some ship with it on by default. So there aren’t technlogies that “reduce” it…there are technologies that add it. And they can be turned off.

120Hz does not inherently produce this effect. Brands were mismarketing their smoothers/interpolators as “120Hz” but that’s completely misleading. In fact 120Hz gives you real 24 frame playback on Blu-Rays which is the exact opposite of the soap opera effect.

120Hz is just a refresh rate. It does enable the motion interpolators to work…but they aren’t the same thing.

this screen is damn awful, it doesn’t recognize my video card’s mini hdmi - hdmi connection. this is a cheap screen!!!

Mine is crap right out of the box. No more refurbs for me ever. The screen flickers like mad. NOw I have to pay to ship the (*&^%$^ to california for repair. What a waste of money.

AND you can’t use the hdmi in for video cards…what a shit screen!

Yeah, I hear ya. This is the last cheap crap I buy. At least from a big box retail store I could return it.

Sorry for the problems. If it was having problems right out of the box, please email support@woot.com for some options.

Same issue, mine was dead out of the box. Already contacted support and was told I can return it but shipping is out of pocket. So basically I just paid to have a shiny piece of plastic sent to me and back to woot. Anyone know what will happen if I purchase a square trade warranty even knowing the unit is already defective?

What’s the best way to get my money back on this thing!? I received my first one a few days after purchase and it worked for about a month and then died. I sent it to the people to cover it under warranty, paid for shipping and insurance and they sent me back another tv that lasted all of 2 days before it wouldn’t turn on again. What is going on? I have never had an issue with electronics from Woot before. Help!

Hmmmm. Double whammy? I’m sorry to hear that you experienced two separate issues with the televisions you purchased.

I would recommend that you contact Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and mention everything you posted here. They should be able to provide you with some options to find a resolve.

I’ve been saying this very same thing to my friends and family who scoff at my old tv. Happy to see that I’m not the only one that feels way.