VIZIO LED Smart TV of Your Choice!

Proud owner of a 70" refurb by Vizio and I LOVE it and like I say about a refurb “they already found the problem =O”

These TV’s are shipped from a Mexico facility called Sohnen Enterprises http://www.sohnen.com/ I bought the refurbished 70 inch model a couple months back from Woot. Everything went smoothly with the shipping company Seko then to a company called Air Freight Trucking in my area. The TV came well packed and the delivery driver was professional. He brought the HUGE box into my living room. I opened it and all was there. The remote, stand and xeroxed user manual. So far so good… I then plugged it in and connected to my wifi. I YouTubed the Big Buck Bunny video to check out the HD through wifi. Everything looked great.
Than I replaced my 47 inch Eyefi LCD with this and hung it on the wall.
That’s when I noticed the dead/stuck pixels around the lower right corner. About 20 or so. I wasn’t happy about that. I was thinking about taking it down and going through the hassle of returning it. But my wife still doesn’t notice them and I barely notice it now either. So I kept it, the picture is awesome and the built in apps are quick and responsive.
Would I do it again? The savings was about $300 from the new sale price, so for the dead pixels and only 90 day warranty. Probably not… Most people would never see the bad pixels, unless you told them. And I read they might even go away with time. So I’ll keep it and hope it will last the test of time. As it is used a lot in my house. I figured I would post my experience to help out fellow woot users…

I’ve purchased the 70" from a local big box based purely on value; I highly recommend this television if you’ve calculated that your room dimensions warrant something this large. The image quality is great out of the box. Advanced functionality like auto adjustment works, I’m assuming, because I did not have to adjust the television when viewing conditions change. However, as with all the new televisions, a total of 20w total on the speakers. Don’t bother messing with any of the advanced audio stuff, just accept that you’ll have to think of getting an amplified sound system.

A few observations:

1. Total “boot up” time for the machine is about 22 seconds. Why should you care? I don’t know, but if you have a programmable remote with sequences, just note that I’ve done the counting for you. I discovered this while sequencing the Netflix app. Speaking of which…
  2. I use the Netflix and Youtube apps the most. Interface for Netflix is similar to the one you get from Playstation but with a slight lag even if you’re hard wired. With that said…
  3. I have not tested the WiFi capabilities. If you plan on connecting wirelessly, a few web searches points out the usual issues as with any other connected device.
  4. Most irritating: when the television updates the firmware: YOU’RE NOT ALERTED! The screen just turns black and you cannot turn off the tv. I don’t know if this has been fixed with the latest firmware.
  5. CEC connection works but is irritating. I believe this is more of my setup than the television: when audio control is turned on, the tv turns on the receiver. I know, that’s what it’s supposed to do. However, there are televisions that allow you to BYPASS triggers based on what you’re watching. In other words, if I’m watching Netflix vs regular cable, I want the unit to leave the receiver off for regular television viewing but turn on when watching Netflix; Vizios does not have this functionality.
  6. The infamous “popping” noise (do a search on this topic for this model). I have not experienced the speakers “popping” after the latest firmware update.

The 47" model WAS available from Walmart both online and in the store new for $548. It seems to be up to $602 online which is sad to me. I was about to pull the trigger from Walmart using Bill Me Later.

Though the price here is much better, unless something has changed, even if Bill Me Later is your default with PayPal, Woot purchases will still pull the funds from your bank account.

I bought a refurbed Visio from Woot about 2 years ago. Great TV. Arrived looking brand new. Smart TVs are great for Net Flix etc. Visio customer server is excellent (I had question and they answered it promptly with very little hold time. If you’re on the fence, go for it, you won’t regret buying a Visio.

Doesn’t look like you could wall mount it. Anyone care to refute or confirm that?

@bgammill, seems like a better question for Costco or ST customer service.

Costco did tell me you could buy their ST package at Costco for a NEW TV bought elsewhere. Their ST pricing is almost a no brainer for new TVs, even bought elsewhere.

But since ST refurb coverage depends entirely on the credibility and relationship of the refurber & seller, I would NOT assume that advice would apply to refurbs.

Clearly Woot has an agreement with ST in this case to have these particular refurb woot TVs covered when the ST is bought thru woot.

@Pichu0102, woot’s specs claim standard VESA mounting holes in various spacings for all these TVs.

Seems like the 24 incher (1080p) could be used as a computer monitor respectably, but the 32 incher (720p), not so much.

Will any franchise electronic stores price match a deal like this? It’s a great deal but I am wary of ordering TVs online.

If that is a SquareTrade warranty quote, make sure you are buying it through our link. SqTr no longer sells warranties on refurbished items directly to consumers. You have to go through an authorized reseller (e.g. Woot).

@Solid: These are refurbished, not New.

Here are the VESA hole patterns for mounting (from the specs):

70" - 47" :: 400 x 400mm
42" :: 200 x 200mm
39" - 24" :: 100 x 100mm

I bought a refurbed Sony 32" many moons ago (4.5 years or so) from woot and it has done me well. There’ve been no issues with it and I enjoy it. I’d like to upgrade but the budget and space isn’t there right now. For those concerned about dead pixels, I bought a few monitors a while back and they came with dead pixels, woot was very easy to work with for the return/exchange.

I like TV’s

Note that the 32" model is the same one wirecutter.com calls The Best Small TV.

Where is the Woot ST link for the 70"?

Once you select a size in the “Screen Size” drop down to order, the SqTr link changes to reflect the price for that size TV. Click on that SqTr link and it will take you to SqTr to complete the purchase.

Sold out except the 55 and 70 inch models.

The 70" is on Amazon new for $1598 or $1578 if you area Prime member.

This Refurb + the 1 year ST warranty is $1500. Not significant savaings over new if you want the same warranty period (new is 1 year parts and labor also).