VIZIO SB3651-E6 36" 5.1 SmartCast Sound Bar System

VIZIO SB3651-E6 36" 5.1 SmartCast Sound Bar System

I have this same Vizio soundbar system. Excellent sound and easy setup. I paid $189 at Costco 2 years ago.

Do we think that it includes the remote? It isn’t listed in the “in the box” section yet there are multiple references to it in other places.

I have a model from a few years ago that seems to be very similar to this, the remote looks to be identical to what I have but the speakers look slightly different. Works great for my smaller living room, just be sure you understand that the Subwoofer is the only thing that is truly “wireless” . The 2 rear speakers connect to the wireless sub with wires. Plus the sub needs to be plugged into a wall outlet of course. That being said it has worked great for me for several years, the sound is surprisingly good I think. Connects to a phone for bluetooth to play music very easily as well. The fact that it includes all those cables you may need is a nice touch.

I have the sb4251 which I bought on Woot refurb a few years back. It’s great and the only thing it was missing was the two AAA batteries. I absolutely love it.

I bought a friend the sb3821 refurbed also from Woot. She really enjoys it.

The sb3621 was reviewed incredibly well by Cnet. This listing just adds the two surround speakers. My ONLY concern is both the Amazon and Walmart reviews for the refurbs are mixed. There seems to be some challenges with syncing. Can anyone speak to this?

I bought this exact unit from BB about 2 months ago. Sound quality was very good however I was using the “ARC” feature along with my Vizio TV (HDMI 1). This feature makes the sound bar turn on/off automatically when you turn your TV on/off. Your TV remote also adjusts it’s volume level.

The problem is that the sound bar would randomly “power off” after 2 to 4 hours of use. I contacted Vizio support and they had me do a reset, firmware update, turn off energy star and a few other things I can’t remember… that didn’t fix the problem. I called them again and they wanted to send me another unit. I asked if this problem was common with this unit, they said no. I googled the problem and it showed up many times in the results. I did not find a fix. Since I had just owned this unit less than 2 weeks I decided to return it for a refund.

It’s my understanding that this problem is isolated to the use of the ARC feature only. YMMV.

I’ve gone back to using my Sony sound bar which also has the ARC feature. It has not powered off once with the same Vizio TV…