Vizio Slim 37” 1080p 120hz LCD HDTV

No, it most certainly would not. Good day sir.

I used to work for their parent company, shipping was our profit margin!

I thought the West Coast was in Poughkeepsie when I lived in CT. Now, however, I really do live on the West Coast on the East Coast. That is why I am clueless.

What exactly do they grow at the Maple Hill farm?

FWIW, this TV is not 3D capable. Only TV’s specifically made for the CURRENT 3D specs will work with the new 3D movies or upcoming ESPN3D. To view the new 3D movies you must also have a 3D Blu-ray player and compatible 3D shutter glasses. And no, the 3D glasses you got at the movies won’t work.

I bought one of the first refurbed Vizios offered by Woot, several years ago. It still performs up to standard. I’d consider this one were I not spending several bazillion dollars on a new roof this week.

Well said. You can do a lot worse than a Vizio, and they’re not market leaders for nothing. I own the 32" version of this model and am very satisfied with it.

I don’t know how Woot’s description managed to miss it, but it also features a side-mounted USB media port that will let you play videos, music and pictures (some format limitations, but you’re not paying an extra $150-$200 for a standalone media player like a WDTV). How do you like the idea of copying the VOB file(s) right off a DVD to a USB stick on your computer and then plugging the stick into your TV to watch the “DVD”? Also comes with a very good universal remote (can handle even the oddball functions of my Scientific Atlanta DVR/cable box – make sure to get the latest version of the user manual from Vizio’s web site to get the right codes)

There’s a lot more to comparing TVs and prices than simply looking at panel size. This one was up to fairly recently one of Vizio’s top models.

JB

This is a pretty good deal, but I got a 42" panasonic plasma from sears once for not much more… about $540

I bought a refurbished earlier model of this TV 3 years ago and I love it.

Although I can’t speak for this particular model Vizio makes really great products. Eventually when I upgrade to a larger TV, it will definitely be a Vizio.

Don’t let the “refurbished” thing scare you. I think people expect a refurbished TV to show up in a wet cardboard box with pet fur stuck to the screen from a previous owner and duct tape holding the components in. I would say its actually the opposite, you get what looks like a brand new tv that has undergone extra inspection to ensure its working properly…

I was told that 240hz TV’s are the only one’s capable of doing 3D…but then again that was Best Buy saying that.

Was this before or after they told you your TV would only work with an $80 Monster HDMI cable?

1. Better deal on this refurbished TV on Ebay. Seller is in Sioux city North Dakota and has a few of these for sale everyday.

2. Bought mine at BJ’s warehouse club in the northeast. If you can find a floor model they will mark it down 10% each week. Got mine for 450.00 Add BJ’s extended 2 year warranty for 30 bucks and you’ve got three years of safety for just over $500.00

3. Read the reviews on amazon. Unless you’re a tech head people rave about this thing. Sure you can pay twice as much for a Samsung, but don’t.

4. I love mine. The USB port on the side is fantastic. Recognizes, AVI, mp4, H264, etc. If you get a codec it doesn’t support, download handbrake for free and convert it.

5. Check out a mini-series called Spartacus: Blood and Sand. You won’t regret it!

I’ve had a 42" Vizio since Christmas of 2007. It has proven to be an excellent purchase. I have had no problems.

What about this similiar TV from Walmart?
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Vizio-E370VL/13904833

It is a full 1080P (though incorrect heading list it as 720). Looks to be a very similiar model for $498 brand spank-in new.

I’ve had a refurb Vizio 32" for three years with no problems - even moved twice with it.

Standard def (non-HD cable) looks terrible, but high def and gaming are very nice. Sound is surprisingly good too.

-d

I could buy a brand new one at Sam’s Club for the same damn price… Yall getting hustle by Woot people…

Some manufacturers make 3D sets at 120Hz, but most 3D technologies at that refresh rate are more geared towards PC displays.

NVIDIA makes a 3D technology that works with 120Hz monitors, and a few Mitsubishi televisions. Their site has a good explanation of how it works, and the requirements to use it.

Vizio has recently launched their own line of 480 Hz 3D sets that control active shutter lenses with Bluetooth.

-d

-d

I believe it depends on the type of 3D, as the newest version I’ve come to know (RealD) which does not consist of the ugly blue & red borders. That 3D method is projected through 3 different layers though

http://imageshackz.com/imgs/h/o.jpg

Does the TV come with the base stand? The post states it comes with the TV, power cable and remote? It never mentions the base. Thanks

Who cares? I really don’t know many people who want to wear goofy looking glasses while watching tv. & if you want ESPN in 3D then go to the live game! DUH!