Vizio VX20L 20-inch LCD HDTV

That one is a refurb as well.

KuoH

I just bought a new 32" Vizio for $599 at Sam’s Club. Great unit!

Costco has these at $399, but they had $50 off last weekend.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.do?cat=548997

not refurbished and only $224

I hate to admit it to myself, but size does matter… this is too small =\

It’s a refurb.

I have a Vizio L32. Absolutely love it. Wouldn’t hesitate to buy another Vizio product.

It doesn’t actually “do” 1080i.
It only gives you a 720p picture.

That is also a refurb… plus I don’t think it includes shipping…

Tonights discription gives some insight into the environment that molds the these writers twisted imaginations !

That’s a refurb for $20, not a new one. Check the bottom of their page. Their shipping is probably higher than woot too.

Costco has this for $350.

You can find alot of 20" or larger HD monitors for under 300, but this is an HDTV with an integrated ATSC tuner. For the price that’s definitly a good buy.

If you dont care about having an integrated tuner, and you will only be using this with a cable/satelite box/dvd player, then you probably can find a larger screen size for around the same price if you go somewhere else.

Also, just an FYI this TV (along with many other LCD’s) accepts 1080i input but does not DISPLAY 1080i. The resolution is 1024x768, so when it is fed a 1080i feed it downscaled it to the sets native resolution (768i).

Read it! it’s a refurb

You can buy a new Astar 19" LCD TV at MacMall.com for $199.

This is NOT the same product whatosvever!

Any opinion on this as a computer monitor or Vs. the 22" Acer monitor that came up about a week ago? I tend to watch content only from the computer but I need a bigger screen than my 12" laptop (yes, 12" is not enough).

Advice appreciated…

Do you people not read your own links? That one is 640x480 and only has an analog tuner, not HDTV!

KuoH

I’m in the market for a bigger one so no go for me but this would actually be kind of nice in a car or a van. Hook up a game system and you can game in HD.

BTW, 5 minutes in and we already have people carping about contrast numbers… Manufacturer reported contrast numbers, especially “dynamic” contrast numbers, are USELESS and serve no purpose in objective comparison. First of all, it’s not anywhere near standardized unless you’re talking about ANSI and, secondly, you can massage the variable to get a meaninglessly high figure (ie. no real world application).

I’m buying this BECAUSE its a 20". You can find a 20" LCD for this price anywhere else, and its all I have room for in the bedroom.

It’s also not a High Definition set. The 20" HD set on that page is $319 abd it’s an HD monitor not an HDTV.