Vont Collapsible Lanterns 4-Pack

I’m glad you’re enjoy them as much as I’m enjoying mine! I so happy I’ve got some too​:ok_hand::infinity::monkey::two_hearts:

I’ve really enjoy mine too! And I’m so glad to be prepared and ready also! So I’m glad you purchased them :ok_hand::infinity::monkey::two_hearts:

Please contact Woot and let them know that they are broken. They are really great at making things right! They do a fantastic job so reach out to them and let them help you with your purchase and they will help you see real lights :ok_hand::infinity::monkey::two_hearts:

You can always return your purchase to Woot and I’m sure they will give you a full refund and usually a little something else to keep you happy! Woot Only want you to be happy, so we’re sorry that yours came in damaged, sometimes the delivery guys can be ruff, and then their jobs on the line! So please reach out to Woot so you can be happy :ok_hand::infinity::monkey::two_hearts:

I’m so happy you’re seeing the beauty in the rays of light that glistens and brightens your night :ok_hand::infinity::monkey::two_hearts:

Yeah I live around the oceans too and there’s nothing like the salty air blowing in your face as the sun gives you your vitamin for the day. And yep, with those kind of storms you need emergency lights :ok_hand::infinity::monkey::two_hearts:

I have literally never experienced that.

Several times, I’ve been told I don’t have to return a defective item, but that’s no help (especially when the sale is over and Woot won’t send a replacement, even when in stock on Amazon).

I’m too responsible to toss electronics in the trash, so I have to hold it for an ewaste trip.

All lanterns are collapsible if you try hard enough

1 Like

Wow.
[MOD: No need to badmouth people that liked them]
I bought these, and they are USELESS as anything but decor. I can’t even read text holding this lamp directly over a page, let alone next to it.

If they are 140 lumens, and it’s three arrays of 10 bulbs, so only a max of 46 lumens point any direction… and it doesn’t look like it’s that much (lumens are not additive when bulbs are placed adjacent).

Returning same day.

I figured I couldn’t go wrong at $16-10% for 4, but I was wrong.

[Edit] there are apparent shenanigans here. This product cannot be the same as the one in those 5-star reviews, which date back to 2015. The patent for these wasn’t even applied for until 2016! Also, there have been counterfeit concerns on these described in the seller’s forum:
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/forums/t/right-infringement/457143

The box claims 140 lumens, which again means this is a different item than the reviews indicate.

Either I didn’t make the point clear, or you have a reading comprehension problem

I wasn’t “badmouthing” buyers about their reviews; I’m criticizing Woot for linking to reviews for a different product, thereby (inadvertently or deliberately) misleading people about the product actually on offer on Woot.

It is Impossible that those gushing 5 star reviews from 6 years ago could be for this product, which didn’t exist 6 years ago.

It’s not a bad product, for what it is. They are sturdy, modern-looking, and of clean design. They’re fine for decor, and they’re probably adequate for hanging in a tent and seeing well enough to not step on your child. But they are not lighting you can use as lighting (to read by, for example).

Someone commented about similar $5 lights at Harbor Freight that claim over 200 lumens. I’ll pick one up next time I’m there for comparison.

You called the other reviews shills. That’s badmouthing.

2 Likes

The irony of the no-name wooterXXXX account calling people who liked them and stand by them shills was too much for me. I spent 20 minutes in a windowless hallway last night with my family and 2 of these lanterns as a tornado cell passed directly overhead (but thankfully never touched down), and I was very happy to have them.

4 Likes

Where did I call the reviews “shills”?

I think Wooter28522408x’s activity on this thread would meet that description, but my point regarding the linked reviews is that they are for a different product. That’s not shilling. (It’s arguably worse.)

Then your comment was very poorly worded. I read it, and I felt you called me and every other commenter who liked them a shill, and apparently I’m not the only one.

1 Like

My edit and your original post:

Well I won’t badmouth them if you send the rest of them to me ,I’ll take them off your hands …!! Surely 1 out of 1000 work LOL… That will be the one that I’ll use forever

I tried to return them. Woot didn’t even want them back.

Again, they’re fine for an application – emergency lighting to navigate by – but they aren’t the brilliantly illuminating reading-capable white lighting that the, um, enthusiast here implies. It’s dim and very blue-tinged LEDs (“cold” rather than “warm”). They’re certainly worth $4 for that general application. Based on the comments and (unrelated, as it turns out) reviews, I expected to be able to read by them. For that application, they’re useless, and just more clutter to my needs

No idea how this went south.

I bought this. From woot. This month. They’re awesome.

That is all.

YMMV

2 Likes

I am happy with mine. They are easily bright enough for me to read by if I ever need to…and considering I live in California where we can expect “preemptive” power shutdowns due to fire danger, I will no doubt be needing them.

3 Likes

Glad you were untouched!

2 Likes