Vont LED Camping Lanterns: 2pk or 4pk

Vont LED Camping Lanterns: 2pk or 4pk

1 Like

too expensive and they don’t even use Cob LED. Cob style LEDs are the best.

check this one out, 250lumen, cob led, comes with batteries, cobs use less battery than these vonts also.
sell em for $6-$8 for 2 pack if you guys wanna get rid of them fast :smiley:

1 Like

Any clue if these use a resistor dropper or have some type of switching constant current supply? A good power supply (switching, usually) is the mark of a really nice LED lantern… A resistor loses somewhere around 30% of energy (ballpark figure), the switchers can do much better. But they are almost all resistors because they are cheap. Makers don’t seem to have tried to use this as a differentiator.
If anybody has torn into one it would be neat to know. edit That would be a nice feature in a big lantern… in a small one, it would be really unusual.

These are cheap rebranded chinese LED lamps. You could find equal quality in the dollar store with similar light output and runtime. I am a flashlight guy and highly suggest avoiding these products. They are cheap and come in multi-packs for a reason. You will find this exact model under about 9 different branding.

If you want a good quality lantern, Coleman makes 5 different models with much higher output and runtime. I personally prefer flashlights with diffuser tops, but to each their own. Hell a flashlight with a cup or waterbottle ontop of it is a better lantern than most lanterns on the market.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DII7CTI/ ← also a very good lantern. Currently $33 which is normal price on Amazon. Don’t believe the $60+ price, it’s a straight up marketing tactic. It was $18 a couple of months ago. I would set a price alert or leave it in your cart until the price drops again.

https://i.redd.it/tvznf2kgxth41.png ← Example of a Emisar D4V2 with a diffuser to turn it into a lantern.

Anyone interested in flashlights I highly suggest the arbitrary list of popularly recommended flashlights. The 18650 battery models are probably the most popular: https://www.reddit.com/r/flashlight/comments/edz84r/arbitrary_list_of_popular_lights_winter_solstice/

My latest purchase from the list was the Sofrin SP31 V2.0 and boy does that little guy kick hard. It’s basically a PD32 from FENIX but for $30 instead of $60+. https://www.amazon.com/Tactical-Flashlight-Features-Rechargeable-Battery/dp/B07FKJDH93

3 Likes

This is our original product. The design is patented and the other similar products that you see in the market are duplicates.

*Worst.

I ordered a 4-pack and then noticed I was charged $6.00 for shipping. When I first got on Woot I saw that if I signed in with my Amazon account rather than my Woot account, I would get free shipping. What’s going on?

Since we’re bashing these poor lanterns, I got a pair from Amazon for about the same price that can use either four-AA batteries or two-18650 rechargeable batteries. Additionally, those lanterns had a USB port to charge a phone from the 18650s. They’re great lanterns and even have the ability to switch to red for warning people of a hazard.

I had the same problem when I used Safari browser on my Mac. When I called in they immediately credited me the $6 but it was a pain in the ass. If I used Chrome then no problem. I complained vehemently each time demanding they send the message to their IT department and I guess they got enough complaints so now it is fixed.

If you’re having problems with shipping for Amazon Prime, Here’s a few things to try:

• Log out of Woot and log in using the Login with Amazon button
  • On the checkout page, check “use this address”
  • If you are using Microsoft Edge, switch to Chrome or FireFox
  • Clear cookies for Amazon & Woot
  • Allow cookies from Amazon & Woot
  • Allow pop-ups; turn off pop-up blockers
  • Log out and back in on Amazon, especially if you’ve changed anything there (e.g. cards, email, etc.)
  • Try an incognito or private mode in your browser

If those don’t work, let me know the following information:

• App or Desktop?
  • Device & OS/Version
  • Browser & version
  • Exactly what is happening and when it happens.

Thanks for the explanation, but I would probably not buy from woot if I had to jump through those hoops.

The one i got and mentioned from harbour freight i have been using two years for night kayak fishing, camping, backyard, kids play with it. Not a single issue. I didn’t open one inside to see but i bet it does have resistor. Most do.

Sometimes the app gets stuck and applies the shipping charge. Make sure app is updated and click as if you’re going to change the address (but don’t) that should get it to reset and apply the free shipping.

COB vs SMD is a matter of choice for the purpose.

$12.49 for 2 is a perfectly reasonable price that anyone in your local trailer park can afford. And if you look at the price per lumen, the lanterns here on woot are less expensive than the crap lanterns you linked to at harbor freight.

Btw, harbor freight = 100% junk

1 Like

I concur.

Received my four pack two days ago and three of the four worked out of the box. Quality is average to poor on these.

Decided to take the lantern apart and found that there is a spring mounted with a screw that toggles the switch when the lantern is compressed closed. The plastic mount point was broken and spring was unable to stay in the correct position.

Took a small washer to flatten the base of the spring better and reassembled.

This will probably be the last order I make through woot.com (eyes watering up a little). The quality of the products (new and refurbished) received recently has been disappointing at the very best. Extremely frustrating to order product(s), wait a few days for delivery only to learn the product doesn’t work or is broken meaning I have to go out of my way to return the product.

It was a nice fifteen year run and I did enjoy it while it lasted.

I have the same lanterns. They are really the best on the market. Now I understand why they are so popular. I bought them to go camping 1 year ago. I were looking for compact, but very bright lanterns for a small price. In the beginning that it is impossible to find such ones. I were so happy then I have found these portable lanterns on https://www.amazon.com/Vont-Hurricane-Emergency-Collapsible-Batteries/dp/B00NPLSZF8/. I am totally satisfied with their works, a lot of time their bright light saved us from troubles on forest. And what is well, they are waterproof. It is very important during the hiking