Vornado Air Purifier

Any good>?

Wow, yuck

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

Vornado Air Purifier
$69.99 + $5 shipping
condition: New
product: 1 Vornado Air Quality System (AQS) 15 Air Purifier

problly not.

actually was looking for one of these…i’ll have to sleep on it though

http://www.amazon.com/Vornado-AQS15-Air-Quality-System/dp/B000050B5O

$98 from some sellers on amazon

I had a Vornado fan once. Very effective at moving the air - but loud - too loud for my tastes. Hopefully this is quieter.

Amazon has replacement filters…
Hepa filter (1) $46
PreSorb filters (4) $15

Probably better to buy 3 units and replace the whole thing when the filters get dirty!

i bought this in october from here. i run it 24-7. its very reliable, moves a lot of air, works great! it is very noisy, i have a medium to large bedroom and i have to turn up the tv when it is on low, but it is a pleasent background hum, similar to a small AC window unit sound. i just replaced the prefilter a few days ago…it was NASTY! it really does work! im very tempted to get another one for our other bedroom or living room…overall as long as you are cool with the noise, this is a fantastic buy!

6 Air Changes per hour in an area of 230 sq.ft.

lol That is a room about 5 foot by 5 foot.

Hahahahahaha
aaahahahahahah

ahhaha

Kids, let this be a lesson. Just because you might know how to save money doesnt mean you have the math skills to count it.

This will cover a 15 foot by 15 foot room, plus a little.

Got one last fall from WOOT. Does an excellent job of filtering, but is pretty noisy on the medium or high speed. Have ours in the living room and the TV, or music, barely covers the fan noise on medium. If you can live with the noise, its a great unit. Will get a second one if the Boss wants it.

I happened to get a kick out of the description, because I remember that story from 10th grade English class.

Anyone know how long the filters on these guys last?

Vornado air purifiers get some pretty good reviews on Amazon… from what I can see.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Vornado+Air+Purifier&x=0&y=0

got one of these. Works well. Little loud.

It is good for drowning out the noise of parties in the neighborhood allowing me to sleep.

is there a punchline to the joke…any1 know it…?

Actually, what’s funny is that it states a sq. footage for the air moved. Pretty sure air is in cubic feet. So lets not make fun of people–except the people at woot.

I bought one last time it was listed on woot. I was waiting to buy one for awhile and couldn’t find one around a $100 price range until this gem came along.
Truth be told it is a little noisy (in my room which is about 10 x 12 with low ceilings) and there isn’t much difference in noise between settings 1, 2, and 3. It DOES move air well and I would leave it on when I go away for a little bit, definitely not if I was going to watch a movie.

To avoid the noise, I run my purifier when I’m not around. There is really no need to run it while you are there, unless you smoke or your feet smell. And in those cases, my advice is: if the former, smoke outside. If the latter, take a shower.