Vornado Air Purifier

Not really a joke; it’s supposed to be a serious parable.

In the real version, the young monk later chastises the older monk for carrying the woman across the stream. The older monk says, “I set her down at the bank of the stream, but you are still carrying her,” meaning that the younger monk is really the one who is failing to follow his vows, because he is still thinking about the woman. You can read about a dozen versions of the story here:

Yeah, but most air purifiers state square feet, not cubic feet. (This is probably because most rooms have ceiling of approximately the same height, and most people think of their rooms in terms of square footage, not volume.)

The filter description at QVC says the filter should last 2 to 3 years.

Designed for use with your Vornado AQS15 air cleaner, this replacement filter is designed to offer 99.97% true HEPA filtration, with over 25 square feet of filter media. Lasts approximately two to three years.

While air cleaners may reduce particles and allergens in the air, allergic symptoms are caused by a variety of sources. Therefore, this product is not meant to treat or mitigate any medical condition. Please consult your physician.

Made in USA.

Here’s the QVC link

Exactly. I mean, obviously people have a hard time approximating sqrt(230). Imagine what would happen, if the manufacturer added height of the room to it… That kid would’ve ended up with a $5000 industrial purifier for his bathroom…

You might want to check this out. Quiet Honeywell for $73.50. I have one like this (the one with the remote 17005) and it’s fairly quiet. Welll, maybe I should say quieter than my other unit. I don’t think any air filters are really quiet, but we are okay with it. Read the other reviews.
http://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-17000-HEPA-QuietCare-Cleaner/dp/B00007FS10/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1231686928&sr=1-5

are you sure ???

I thought it would be a room 23 feet by 10 feet lol :slight_smile:

how many cubic foots would that bee :slight_smile:

Product description was sub par woot. We’ve come to expect clever tales, not unrelated weirdness. I expect The Simpsons, not Family Guy

U both right. 15x15 =225 10x23=230. 15x15 is a more common dimension for bedrooms.