Vornado Evap 2 Humidifier

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Vornado Evap 2 Humidifier
$49.99 + $5 Standard OR $12 Two-Day OR $15 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Something tells me that this would work way better than my Vicks Vaporizer.

“I can breathe easy now, the air is moist”

I bought one on Home.Woot a month or so ago, and I like it.

However, if the fan is on high, it’s definitely very loud. If the fan is on low, it’s fine though.

Also, maybe it’s just how dry my apartment gets, but I find myself having to refill the tank every other night, even though it’s set to the lowest setting (40), and even though it’s only used when I’m asleep (so somewhere in the range of 8 hours a day).

Edit: I mean I guess that’s pretty much exactly what the specs say, but still it’s not something I looked at before buying, and it’s slightly annoying to be filling it so often, so it’s something to keep in mind.

Is low speed quiet enough for a bedroom? Is it a type of noise that is easy to sleep by or is it annoying?

I have it on low 2ft away from my bed and it’s a nice, low hum. I would highly recommend this unit, as I can have it in my bedroom on low/40, and when I burn fires in the living room high/cont works great.

Again, great all-around unit.

I live in a high desert and refill my current humidifier with a gallon a day. I would love to replace the noisy humidifier that I have. How much water do you use every day or every other day?

keeps my cats from shocking me from static electricity build up !

k

I’m a big fan (really? groan.)of Vornado and if I weren’t moving in two months I’d have already checked out.

Well would using this with Distilled water work well? I used to have a cheap Holmes it worked okay, was really loud and you had to replace the filters every year (sometimes twice a year) because the mold and hard water stains would spread so fast it was ridiculous. It wasn’t so cheap after all the filters.

I bought one of these a month ago (for $10 more), and I love it.

In the dryness of Colorado, it will burn through a full tank in 10 - 12 hours; I don’t think I’ve ever seen it drop to low speed if I leave it on auto. But my eyes aren’t scratchy when I wake up, and my plants are happy as can be. On high it is loud enough to drown out my roommate, which is a plus, but I admittedly like sleeping to white noise.

I use a few drops of tea tree oil in the water once or twice a week to help keep the wick from growing anything (and it smells good!)

(Edit) Also, Target carries the filter replacements. $12.99 for a two pack I believe.

m

a couple of drops of bleach in the tank nuke thems 'lil buggers, but don’t overdo or your room will smell like the YMCA pool

(Edit) Also, Target carries the filter replacements. $12.99 for a two pack I believe.
[/quote]

How long does a wick last? 1/4 of the total price for 2 wicks seems high!

Amazon has replacement wick 2 pacls for $8.20 + free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/MD1-0001-Vornado-Humidifier-Wick-Filter/dp/B000P79A9A

Bought this last month. Use it every night in my huge bedroom. Works great.

A word of caution: if you have COPD and/or emphysema a HUMIDIFIER is what you want, like this one. DO NOT use a Vaporizer named product! The Vaporizer will have the effect of drowning you if you’re sleeping in it. Learned the hard way…

Another word of caution, for people with compromised immune systems a wick humidifier like this is not appropriate. The molds and other impurities that grow on the wicks can be very dangerous to susceptible people. Those persons should use a warm-mist humidifier, as even an ultrasonic model does not kill all of the contaminates.