Vornado Flippi Fan

there are no palm size fans at walmart for $40. be careful with your comparisons. this is the model v6…there is also a v8 and a v10 model…

The one Walmart’s partner company is selling is the V8 model. Woot is selling the V6 model. Must be a larger model at Wally World. Wait, are we talking about fans, or cars here???

Significantly so. The Zippi has the soft blades and doesn’t give you the famous ‘vortex’ effect. Plus these are actually more compact.

The aforementioned previous wooting.

Using logic, it would seem as though these are the very small ones which don’t really do anything. Unless of course you are an ant. Then they are like next years’ hurricanes.

I’ve purchased a Vornado fan from Woot! before.

I didn’t really think I needed it, until I clicked comments, and noticed a lot of people saying how good Vornado fans are.

They do live up to the hype. Best money I’ve spent in a while. They really do push out a “vortex cone-like thing” across the room, and cause circulation throughout the whole room with their space-age design.

In for 1, Vornados [sic, Vornadoes?] are awesome!

Edit: Clicky link, and in for 2 instead

I really think you guys are misunderstanding this fan. It is not mean to blow air around an entire room.

This fan is designed to provide a breeze on a desk without blowing your papers everywhere. I own 2 of these things; one for work and one for home.
They work beautifully and I could not ask for more.

The build quality is really top notch and I don’t foresee this fan breaking down anytime soon.

Great fan.
Purchased two the last time.
I use one at my desk.
It’s quite, not hot.
Great as a personal fan.

Yay for my first bought Woot! :]

I purchased two units last time they were offered and they both stopped working in a couple of hours. Woot did not want to stand behind them and the manufacturer was likewise difficult to work with. They seem like a deal, but if they do not work…?

Inferuno! Vornado+Design+Reliability=Cool

I have 2 of these, and they are pathetic at best. Much less airflow and more noise than a simple 4" low speed computer case fan. They are nothing like my other Vornado fans.

Why must your fans be so lame? Why must they have blades?

I purchased this fan not having a designated purpose in mind for implementation. Upon recieving I found that it did not create gusts strong enough to cool everyone at my Thursday night poker game, yet was not subtle enough to rest on my night stand direct at my face and simulate falling asleep on a beach. What I did find is that if you heat up a hot pocket or similar microwavable food and hungry enough that 2 mins cooking and 2 mins waiting is far to long, the Vornado serves as a perfect consumable cooler accelerator. I also grilled myself a steak before the Patriots and Broncos game, and it cut down the resting time by 7 minutes with no hint of hurricane or tsunami flavor.

Lame is as Lame does. Spending approx. $300 for a desk fan gives many an unremittingly lame feeling. Blades may be lame, but saving beaucoup $$ is not.
…so I’ll take the lesser of the two lame

No dark blue left!

no deal. I want the dark blue.

Agreed - I was going to buy two after reading through the reviews online, but am only interested in the dark blue color. Sorry, woot, but no sale. I hope you guys offer the V8 or the V10 in the future and in dark blue!

I got one during the woot-off.

I like it but don’t love it. I think the 20’ air circulation thing is bogus. It is a tad noisy but it’s nothing extreme.

I have it about 2’ from me and it does an okay job. If you need a small desk fan that you can place pretty close to you then get it.

Also, it’d be pretty awesome if it turned off automatically when you “close” it… but it doesn’t… so… yeah… anyway

I wanted the dark blue, too. But the (passion) red looks pretty good, so I bought two of them … one for work and one for my home office. I own a larger Vornado fan and it still works extremely well years later. I hope these are just as good, but at only $24.98 for two of them, it’s well worth at least giving them a try.

These fans blow but not in a good way, they make so much noise. Bought one for my wife since she is so hot but the truth is I regret the day I ever purchased this horrible poorly made piece of junk.